Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you convert Ubuntu lucid into Kubuntu lucid?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you convert Ubuntu lucid into Kubuntu lucid?

Pretty newbie question here...I am just curious to try KDE. I have ubuntu lucid installed and am wondering if theres a way I can upgrade (sidegrade) to kubuntu?

or should I jus thave them mail ,me the cds and try it with a live disc to see if i even like it?

Re: Can you convert Ubuntu lucid into Kubuntu lucid?

See How to install KDE on Ubuntu
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Have fun test driving.
      Kubuntu and Ubuntu 10.04

Comment

The easiest(?) way to install Kubuntu from Ubuntu.
        (1) Start a console.
        (2) Type "sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop" (without the quotation marks). Enter your password when requested.

After that it's all just configuration (use K>System Settings), and software installation (use Synaptic). Many things will be obvious. For non-obvious things just ask us. KDE and Gnome have different philosophies with regard to the Look and Feel of the interface, so you may either love or hate one or the other.

Comment

Just an add on to akriegers suggestion.

During install of kubuntu-desktop you will be asked if you want to use GDM (ubuntu / gnome default) of KDM (Kubuntu / Kde default) as log in manager, also you will be able to choose your desktop session (gnome or KDE) at log in.

Enjoy
          HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
          4 GB Ram
          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
          X