X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't boot from /dev/md0

Ubuntu 10.04 server, patched to date.

This machine is configured to boot from a Raid1 array. The partitions are located on /dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdc1, the boot partition is located on /dev/sda1. This configuation has worked well for some time, but after a recent shutdown for maintenance, which did not involve any of the partitions, the machine refuses to boot. The sequence hangs very shortly after startup, and eventually errors out with the message /dev/md0 does not exist. and drops into the Busybox shell.

After booting from a live rescue CD, and examining the partitions, they are all intact, and clean. They rescue CD was able to assemble the array. dmesg shows that the devices are recognised, and that mdadm is active.

Not sure where to go from here. Any Suggestions will be greatfully received.

William.

PS. I am sure that I read some recent discussion on a very similar problem, but I can't find that material now. If anyone has a link, it also be greatfully received.
    Programmers, with their inbuilt sense of order and discipline should really be running the world.
Working...
X