This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackmagic Intensity Pro card installed but Media Express doesn't see it is

so i've had my Intensity Pro card for a couple years now from when i still used Windows XP (no way was i gonna get Vista) but when i upgraded from Windows to Kubuntu 8.04 i couldn't get the card to work & wasn't getting any help from the Blackmagic support... so naturally, i forgot i had the card installed since i couldn't use it.
    now that i've upgraded to Kubuntu 10.04 i wanted to get it installed again but even though there is more info out there, it seems most of it is other people trying to figure it out too.
    so far:
    • the card is installed in a PCI slot & the konsole command "sudo lspci" comes back with "05:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Blackmagic Design Device a117" as one of the results
    • the set top box (DVR) is connected by component cables directly to the card (exactly as it was when it worked on WinXP)
    • i downloaded & installed the DeckLink-7.9rc7-i386.deb
    • restarted my computer (BM directions said this was needed after installing drivers)
    • configured Blackmagic Control Panel to:
      • Settings for = Intensity Pro
      • Set output = HDMI & Component
      • Set input = Component Video & Analog RCA Audio
      • Use video setup in NTSC = At 7.5 IRE for use in the USA
      • [X] Remove field jitter when video is paused
      • When not playing video, send = [Last frame Played]

then, went to "KMenu > Applications > Multimedia > Media Express" & get the message box "The Blackmagic hardware can not be found in your system. Please check the installation."
    i remember having problems using the HDMI input so i'm not even going to work with that, but besides trying to find out how much the "Blackmagic GStreamer Plugin" costs, can anyone offer some helpful advice on how to get this card working? i already have both my computer & set top box (DVR) hooked up to the same tv but would like to be able to watch tv in the Media Express (or some other program if needed) while i'm doing computer work at the same time (tv playing in the background so to speak).

and no, my tv doesn't have PIP.

thank you in advance to those who try to help
    Thermaltake Armor chassis<br />Intel Pentium D 960 @ 3.6Ghz<br />4GB DDR2 memory @ PC2-5300<br />6x internal SATA HDD [4.27TB total]<br />1x external 1,000GB HDD via firewire<br />nVidia GeForce 7950 GX2 Extreme<br />52&quot; LCD HDTV | 1920 X 1080p rez<br />Saitek Cyborg keyboard | SilverStone Raven mouse<br />running Kubuntu 10.04
Working...
X