X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clamtk won't start in kubuntu 15.10

When trying to start clamtk in kubuntu 15.10 I get this message:
    icon 'gtk-find' not present at /usr/share/perl5/ClamTk/GUI.pm line 531.
    Can anybody help me?

Sigmund Lorentsen

Have you looked a line 531 of this file GUI.pm to see what name and where the icon is expected?

I just did a search on my laptop and found these icons are here: /usr/share/icons/gnome/ and then there are 4 sizes to chose from, all .png

Either change the line to reflect the proper place of the icon or better, at the place the icon is expected you make a link to the icon.

Comment

Thank you very much.

This is what GUI.pm looks like:

line 529: for my $item ( @data ) {
      line 530: my $iter = $liststore->append;
      line 531: my $pix = Gtk2::IconTheme->get_default->load_icon(
      line 532: $item->{image}, 24, 'use-builtin'

I'm a newbie and no programmer, so I just don't understand this.

Comment

What are you using Clam for, to clean incoming emails before you pass them on to Windows users?
        If you are not, then you are just wasting CPU cycles running Clam. Let Windows users be responsible for their own foibles.
        If you have IPsec on your wifi and run chkrootkit and rkhunter as regular cron services then you're good to go.
        I've been using Linux as my OS for 17 years, and for half of those years I never used a firewall or AV. I replaced Cisco's firmware with DD-WRT on my Cisco E2500 wifi. Its Linux firewall is automatically set great. chkrootkit and rkhunter are in the repository.

Linux is not like Windows. For a virus/Trojan email payload to execute in Linux YOU must do at least three things. First, it must be first saved as a file (everything in Linux is a file ... everything), 2nd, t its execute permission must be set. 3rd, IF it is a proper ELF binary or shell script it will execute if YOU run it, but only at your permission level. IF YOU do all of that on a piece of malware the malware may attempt to become root, but more than likely will fail. If it is malicious it may delete your home account out of spite. You do back up your home account, don't you? Btrfs makes that as easy as falling off a log.

If you want to keep free of pesky malware, only install software from the repository, or from well known sites like Oracle. All else should be verboten.
        Last edited by GreyGeek; Dec 17, 2015, 12:20 PM.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Ah OK it's looking for something 'default' and likely something Gnome.

Have look in system settings, type gtk into the search bar and you'll end up in something called Style *. (I don't run the English version)
          In there you should find Gnome style of applications (If my translation is correct) and normally we would select oxygen-gtk.

Play around with the settings till Clam sees what it needs.

Now I fully support GreyGeek's posting, why the h*ll would you run a virus checker on a non-MS operating system?
          Except for some ~30 Apple vulnerabilities all the million of others are exclusively Microsoft

Comment

A 3 second web search on this error brings up the need to install the full gnome icon theme to fix this, the package is called gnome-icon-theme-full, the program only pulls in the base core gnome icons.

Comment

Thank you very much. Changing icon theme to oxygen-gtk solved the problem.

In fact I do not run ClamTk myself. However I installed Kubuntu 15.10 for a friend coming from Windows, and he would like to have a virus scanner.

Comment

Originally posted by siglorent View Post
                Thank you very much. Changing icon theme to oxygen-gtk solved the problem.

In fact I do not run ClamTk myself. However I installed Kubuntu 15.10 for a friend coming from Windows, and he would like to have a virus scanner.
                <<inserts usual note that desktop Linux does not really need antivirus>>

Comment

Working...
                X