X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muon discover shows mostly empty lists

Hello,

As the title says. Muon discover shows mostly empty lists. The odd thing is I installed from the same CD to a laptop, and there the lists are populated.

The only difference between the two I can think of is that at the time of install, the laptop had an operational wireless adapter that could connect it to the internet, and the desktop did not have that (the wireless adapter was added later and now there is an operational connection to the net on the desktop too).

I also found https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...n/+bug/1283004 , but that one says the problem should have been fixed in the release I installed.

Now what do I do ?

It is possible that the package database is not up to date, as you did not have an internet connection during install.

There are two different methods you can use to update this and see if it fixes things.

First, see if Discover has an Update button, or an option in the menu for it. I am not near my computers, and can't tell from screenshots if there is such an animal. If not, open Muon Updater, which does have this button, and use it.

The second option is the command line method of doing this:
    sudo apt-get update

You probably will need to close Discover before trying either step.

If this does not work, there is another step to use if the above does not trigger an update of the database Discover uses.

sudo update-apt-xapian-index

Comment

about half the time, for the old woodsmoker...., Muon will say that there are updates available, and, upon clicking, nothing happens, Muon says......no updates...

BUT............if one then goes to terminal and "sudo apt-get update"........updates are then done.......

probably related to Claydoh............'s........of estimable worth.........post.

woodjustsayinsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
      X