This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kmail passwords without using kwallet

It used to be possible to get kmail to remember account passwords without having to use kwallet, but that doesn't seem to be possible any more. Is there still a way do to that? And if not, is there a way to restrict kwallet so it doesn't get involved in anything other than kmail?

I don't like kwallet because it's very difficult to use it when I'm running on more than one computer.

I do it. I don't have Kwallet active (I don't use it). The password is retained.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

In kmail account configuration, password is greyed out

When I go into kmail account configuration, Advanced, the password box shows a grey message "Wallet disabled in system settings". If I enable kwallet, then I get the whole kwallet mess. I wish I could tell kwallet "provide the passwords for kmail and, other than that, just go away".

Comment

Start the Wallet system. Delete any wallets you might have. Create a new one. Intentionally configure the wallet not to have a password. Ignore the scareifying warning. Now the Wallet system will be effectively invisible.

Comment

Working...
        X