This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyber Cafe Management System

For me GNU/Linux has a lots of useable applications starting from the kernel it self to office application, multimedia, games, internet, network and security. But in order to expands gnu/linux for the end users and retail market area I think we forgot one certain area, the cyber/internet cafe enterpreneur.

Why I bring this topic? Because I am a cyber cafe enterpreneur, since this early year I've been starting my own blog project called Open Source Software Cyber Cafe http://www.osscc.org in order to collecting any usefull information about cyber cafe software under the development of Open Source Software community, and I've been using ubuntu/kubuntu since mid 2005 and my cyber cafe was running since 2003, but to find a really good cyber cafe managment system under linux is very hard, I've try so many kind of cyber cafe manament system under gnu/linux, zeiberbude, ccl, openkiosk and now outkafe.

Yeah, right now I am working on outkafe on my kubuntu test server to find if it's really good as good as cafesuite, because currently I've been using Cafesuite since the first time my cyber cafe opened. But to get outkafe running on my Kubuntu test server is really hard, right now I am having a problem with this error:

PGRES_FATAL_ERROR
    SELECT command FROM serverplugins WHERE trigger = 'onloadsettings';
    ERROR: relation "serverplugins" does not exist

PGRES_FATAL_ERROR
    SELECT adminpw FROM settings;
    ERROR: relation "settings" does not exist

PGRES_FATAL_ERROR
    row number 0 is out of range 0..-1
    TIpFileDataProvider.CanHandle(file:///usr/share/outkafe/about.html)
    TIpCustomHtmlDataProvider.BuildURL Old="" new="file:///usr/share/outkafe/about.html"

(outkafe:12012): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_get_toplevel: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

I not bring these kinds of error msg just to get help, sooner or later I will find it by my self how to solve it, but my point is, we here really need a working cyber cafe management system to attracting other cyber cafe enterpreneurs to get that running their cyber cafe using linux workstation, with this kind of software, I do believe it will help people like me and any other cyber cafe enterpreneur to realize our dreams about running a cyber cafe that totally using and powered by open source software, and let we show to the others that is Kubuntu Linux could tackle the business environment perfectly.
    Default Blog: http://www.keghahpalo.co.cc | http://www.osscc.org Building OSS Cyber Cafe.

Re: Cyber Cafe Management System

I don't understand. What exactly does the management system do?

Comment

A cyber cafe management has the capabilities of:
      • handle the connection between the client and server for administering screen lock, to unlock the screen, to shutdow and reboot, to authorize user login session.
      • it can provide a ticket for prepaid user also for post paid user.
      • others cyber cafe management system like Cafesuite (http://www.cafesuite.net ) is a good example, it's has the Point Of Sales system as well.

There is severals cyber cafe management system under the open source like zeiberbude, ccl, outkafe, and openkiosk. But until now I use CCL for every project that I handle to provide a solution for cyber cafe that running on Linux, because CCL is the only one I managed to integrate with LTSP, CCL support for both postpaid and prepaid and it has the POS system as well. Yeah I using LTSP to setup the cyber cafe/internet cafe.

I would like to suggest to the Ubuntu Student Control Panel development team if they could make some modification or plugins to add the capability of POS system and cyber cafe management system to the Student Control Panel, because it was so reliable to handle the connection between LTSP terminal client and server and to manage the client.
      Default Blog: http://www.keghahpalo.co.cc | http://www.osscc.org Building OSS Cyber Cafe.

Comment

Few years ago I had post this topic but it seems that the open source software for cyber cafe purpose does not showing any progress after 2007, all the software developed by the open source people and community for the cyber cafe purpose that I listed below was outdated. How do we can expanding to gathering new user and new entrepreneur in cyber cafe/internet cafe industry if one of the most important thing like cyber cafe billing/management system was left behind all the major part. I know a software such as OpenOffice.org, Gimp, Firefox got more attention from this community and it has very high niche market in business, but cyber cafe industry around the world shows no sign of slowing down. So how, how we could expanding the influences of the open source software to the public if this fenomena keep on running?

This is my old post from my blog (http://www.osscc.org/2007/05/oss-cyb...-software.html), few years ago.

OSS Cyber Cafe Software
        There are plenty of OSS Free Cyber Cafe Management System or Point Of Sales software for your Linux/Unix Bases Internet Cyber Cafe. I'd use it before and I already implement it on several cyber cafe's that i had setup, and several of it I just discovered.

Cybera - Cyber cafe administration
        Cybera is an Internet cafe administration system. It works with prepaid cards or client accounts or in a post paid Self Service mode. Features include workstation control, user rights lockdown, accounting, stats and screen replication for CAI.
        Visit Website | Download

Kfemate - The Open Source Cyber Coffee System
        kfemate is pronunced in spanish (kfe=Coffee- mate= of "Checkmate in Chess"). With Kfemate you can admin your own Cyber-Cafe or Cyber, this Software is great, Easy of use, Secure, Fast, use MySQL, unlimited Pc's, Portable, and Open Source. (Currently only Spanish)
        Visit Website | Download

Anahaw Internet Cafe Timer
        Anahaw Internet Cafe Timer is an internet cafe administration program. Basic function include client shutdown,logoff, restart and monitoring. It can handle up to 16 workstation. The server can be used also as stand alone (client need not be connected).
        Visit Website | Download

Dharma Internet Cafe Management
        A cross platform (Linux, Win32, Mac OsX) client-server internet cafe system written in RealBasic. Features include timing/billing, client management, membership, point of sale and reports. This project aim to ease administration of an internet cafe.
        Visit Website | Download

CCL - Cafe Con Leche
        Cafe Con Leche (CCL) are a crossplataform library (libccl) to make programs to manage internet cafes and program that does just that using libccl. This one I've use it greatly with LTSP, all you need is to configure your LTSP Client to be able running LOCAL APPS.
        Visit Website | Download

PlayBilling - Web Based
        PlayBilling is a webbased billing system for internet cafe and wireless hotspot provider mostly written in Java featured with: tariff management, prepaid, postpaid and discounts, user management and extensive reporting system
        Visit Website | Download

BNC - Blue NetCafe Timer
        BNCTimer is a client/server software,It's a simple timer that you can control via a panel. It used in a cybercafe/internet cafe .
        Visit Website | Download

ZybaCafe
        ZybaCafe (formerly DireqCafe) is a full featured and complete Internet cafe management suite with support for multiple-platform clients. Thin-client Linux, fat-client Linux, and Windows are officially maintained. Extension is easily done through plugins.
        Visit Website | Download

OutKafe
        OutKafe is a next-generation Internet cafe management suite. It was forked from ZybaCafe with the aim of ultimately replacing all proprietary parts with completely free components. It includes a server-side administration suite as well as clients for managing time control on machines. A powerful plugin architecture allows for easy extensibility and integration with other tools such as accounting packages and CRM systems.
        Visit Website | Download

Zeiberbude
        Zeiberbude is a point of sales program for cyber-cafes. Its features include an independent timer for each computer in the cafe, user accounts for easier identification, drag 'n' drop of user information from one computer to another (if the user switch machines), and support for entering and billing for supplemental cost items (drinks, snacks, etc.). It also includes a configuration wizard to set cafe rates, including standard rates (per hour, half-hour and quater-hour), Happy Hour rates (start time, end time and cost allocations with the standard rate), club member rates, etc.
        Visit Website | Download

CybOrg - Cyber Cafe Organizer
        The Cybercafe Organizer (CybOrg) is a point of sales and administration system for Internet cafes (cyber cafes). It has a Web-based interface and is written in Perl using Template Toolkit and a RDBMS. It uses a client to block workstations, and is intended to be used on a (possibly Linux) server with Win32/Linux clients.It also provides a script to be used as the Active Desktop on Windows clients to display station's status.
        Visit Website | Download

OpenKiosk
        OpenKiosk is a multi-platform kiosk management system for public terminals and kiosks. X11 and Windows clients are currently supported. Whether you are an Internet Cafe operator or a librarian, Openkiosk can make your life easier.
        Visit Website | Download

source : http://www.osscc.org/2007/05/oss-cyb...-software.html

p/s: So guys.. what was happening? Something to ponder?

Comment

Working...
        X