This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Forecast widget gives timed out error

I've always used the Weather Forcast widget/plasmoid in previous versions of Kubuntu and recently decided to give it a try in 13.04. When selecting my city in the config the correct weather data (from wetter.com) seems to be displayed. However the widget keeps showing a loading animation and then (after a few minutes or so) presents me an error message saying "Weather information retrieval for *yourcityhere* timed out."

This bug might be related: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=306418

I don't have an answer to fix your problem with that widget, but I can suggest another weather forecast plasmoid that I like a lot: YAWP - Yet Another Weather Plasmoid. You have to install it from the Muon Package Manager first, and then it will be available under "Add widgets." It looks great, has a few different themes to fit your desktop look, and includes a lot of weather information, more than any other I've used.

Comment

Thanks OldSmoky2. I have tried YAWP some time ago (as I remember correctly it allowed me to have a weather indicator on the panel).

Regarding my problem: It seemed to be solved automatically I left the weather widget runnign for a while and when I checked back it had the correct data and no error message. If it keeps working the coming days without error message I'll mark this thread solved.

Comment

Working...
      X