This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.9.90 Anomalous Behaviour

I consider that the KDE team has done an excellent job with this new version. However, there are two cases of anomalous behaviour that I have encountered. I have not been successful at giving a bug report at bugs.kde.org, so I have decided to list what I have found so far.

Dolphin Rename
    When I have completed the in-line rename of a file, the cursor up/down/left/right no longer works. If I ctrl+left mouse click, the cursor movement is re-instated. I have 3 different systems which all show the same behaviour.

Kate Exit with Save
    When I edit a text file with Kate and then click on the exit tab in the window title bar, I select the option to save the file before exit. After inspecting the file, I find that the edit changes are not present. The only way I can get the changes saved is to either ctrl+s or use the Save option on the Tool Bar. Once again this problem exists on all my systems.

I will be interested to know if anyone else has also encountered these problems and, more importantly, what other anomaly's have been found. It will be great if these problems, as well as those that other Forum members find, can be fixed before the final release.

I can confirm your issues (although I didn't try with a new user/clean configuration).

As far as kate goes, it seems to save changes if you only close the open document...but closing the application changes are lost as you describe.

Comment

Report the issues to bugs.kde.org if they haven't already been reported.

Comment

Originally posted by james147 View Post
        Report the issues to bugs.kde.org if they haven't already been reported.
        I have reported the bugs and was told that the Dolphin rename problem was a duplicate and has been solved.
        https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=311206
        https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=311979

I have replied that I encounter this problem on all my systems. I would be interested to know how many others experience the same behaviour with Dolphin.

I have received advice that the Dolphin bug was fixed after the release of KDE 4.9.90. So I am looking forward to the next release which I think might be KDE 4.9.95.
        Last edited by NoWorries; Dec 22, 2012, 12:56 AM. Reason: New Information on Status

Comment

Originally posted by NoWorries View Post
          I have received advice that the Dolphin bug was fixed after the release of KDE 4.9.90. So I am looking forward to the next release which I think might be KDE 4.9.95.
          I can confirm it's fixed in 4.9.95

Comment

All Fixed

All the problems that I had with Kate and Dolphin are now fixed with the latest version of KDE 4.9.97. Great improvements all round. The KDE Team are doing a great job.

Comment

Working...
            X