This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird notification tray tooltip bug

I noticed a possible bug in the notification tray tooltips in Kde 4.10 beta2 (4.9.90), to my recollection the bug wasn't there in beta1.

Description:
    When I have a window focused, all tooltips behave as you'd expect them to.

However, if I don't have a window focused (like having an empty desktop), some of the tooltips appear in the top-right corner of the screen (my notification tray widget is in the bottom-right corner where the tooltips are normally shown).

After some experimenting, I think the bug only affects application icons (kmail, akregator etc.), tooltips for these get moved to the top of the screen...while the tooltips for plasma widgets in the tray (battery monitor, networkmanager etc.) behave normally (appear at the botttom).

I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this, or is it something on my end?

There have been changes to the notification tray widget 4.10 (It should be a QML-widget now) and I've noticed some changes between beta1 and beta2 as well, so it's certainly possible this is a bug caused by some of the changes.

At here, KDE 4.10 b2, the tray tooltips seem to behave as normal.

In the past, with the development versions, the tooltips (& plasma notifications) have been misplaced. The plasma reset has been the solution (or/and the colibri) at here.
    Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
    - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

Seems to have been a plasma config glitch like you suggested, relocating the panel to the side and back seems to have fixed it (funny though, that it only affected some tooltips).

The mouse-over/click effects on the icons still seem a tad erratic, which I forgot to mention previously. Mouse-over effect only works on some icons, and click effect seems to stick (again for some icons)

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
        Seems to have been a plasma config glitch like you suggested, relocating the panel to the side and back seems to have fixed it (funny though, that it only affected some tooltips).
        Spoke too soon, the issue is back after a relog, I'll have to try with a clean configuration later.

Comment

Working...
        X