This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kde telepathy accounts / login errors

I've been trying to get kde's telepathy (contacts) to work without sucess for about a week now on kubuntu 12.10/kde 4.9.2. I'm usually pretty good about figuring things out but I'm stumped.

First of all, I have kopete running okay. It works, facebook, gtalk, aim, etc all work. I'd rather play with telepathy, but at least I can use IM in kde.

When I setup an account in system settings/Instant Messaging and Voip, The process seems to work at first. IE: I can create any account type I want. But when I attempt to actually login to the various services, one of two things happens.

1. The authentication fails, and below the account (facebook, gtalk, whateve) it indicates that auth failed. There is usually a notification that pops up that indicates the same.
    2. A popup dialog appears indicating that the SSL certificate for whatever I'm connecting to is self-signed and that I need to examine it and approve it. Wierd but okay. I approve the cert and a few seconds later, I'm back to #1. Auth fails.

I know the password and accounts work, I can fire up kopete and away I go. Any ideas?

[edit]

I eventually gave up and removed all traces of telepathy from the system. Kopete contiunues to work fine.
    Last edited by xterminus; Nov 08, 2012, 04:27 PM.

Just an FYI: I tried telepathy again with 4.10, and got it to work by uninstalling all components of empathy.

Comment

Working...
    X