X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

krfb problems, alternative?

Having problems with krfb:
    -after restart i have to start krfb and exit before connecting with client from another machine
    -i have "capslock" always on (i checked server and client keyboard)

I will test with disabled non open graphic driver later.
    I tried tightvncserver but it gives me new session, not on screen action. What i am doing wrong with tight?

after disabling driver have no problem with "capslock" but i still have to run krfb manually after boot

Comment

update:
      when i start machine without monitor on client i am getting now 320x200 resolution ?!!
      when i connect machine to crt monitor it shows kde wheel and 5 dots under

i thought migration from working remote gnome 2 desktop should be easier!

Comment

What tools were you using in Gnome2 successfully? you can use those in Kubuntu.

In my experiences krfb has been hit or miss, but I never had that problem that you have.

I have used tightvncserver in the past, It only runs parallel sessions - ie no sharing
        x11vnc is one that allows this by default

Comment

In Ubuntu 10.04.4 there is internal remote desktop. It has glitches with non open vga driver (as krfb).
          I will investigate if it is possible to use same package.

Comment

vino package works but i still have one problem with kde:
            when i disconnect vga cable and start machine it is stuck on cli login (without booting to kde desktop)

Comment

I think you might want to start a new topic for this problem
              Please provide some hardware specs, too

Comment

server@file-server:~$ lspci
                00:00.0 RAM memory: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 Host Bridge (rev a1)
                00:01.0 ISA bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 LPC Bridge (rev a2)
                00:01.1 SMBus: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 SMBus (rev a2)
                00:01.2 RAM memory: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 Memory Controller (rev a2)
                00:02.0 USB controller: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 USB 1.1 Controller (rev a3)
                00:02.1 USB controller: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 USB 2.0 Controller (rev a3)
                00:04.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 PCI bridge (rev a1)
                00:05.0 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 High Definition Audio (rev a2)
                00:07.0 Bridge: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 Ethernet (rev a2)
                00:08.0 IDE interface: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 SATA Controller (rev a2)
                00:08.1 IDE interface: NVIDIA Corporation MCP61 SATA Controller (rev a2)
                00:0d.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a] (rev a2)
                00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 10h Processor HyperTransport Configuration
                00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 10h Processor Address Map
                00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 10h Processor DRAM Controller
                00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 10h Processor Miscellaneous Control
                00:18.4 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 10h Processor Link Control

Kubuntu 64bit, Sempron, 4GB, now working with non open Nvidia driver (i will test now open driver)

Why another... ? What I am trying to get is headless VNC server.

Comment

I have never been that happy with KRFB as a VNC server. I have used X11VNC for years, however, and have never been disappointed with it. It is set to autostart on all the computers I use remotely (through an SSH tunnel or VLAN connection) and is my VNC server of choice. Fast, reliable...

See:

http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Kubuntu_...#X11VNC_Server

As a VNC (or RDP) client, I have been happy with KRDC for the past several iterations....
                  Last edited by perspectoff; Jun 28, 2012, 10:01 AM.

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
                  and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

Snowhog and I were playing with the free version of TeamView7, and found that it worked pretty well.

Download 64bit Linux version: http://www.teamviewer.com/download/t..._linux_x64.deb
                    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

i will try x11vnc. only vnc solution is for me.
                      for now this is on hold, i believe that kde or kubuntu stops me... why would kubuntu start with cli login without screen??

Comment

Originally posted by sartic View Post
                        i will try x11vnc. only vnc solution is for me.
                        for now this is on hold, i believe that kde or kubuntu stops me... why would kubuntu start with cli login without screen??
                        Nah, KDE and Kubuntu work perfectly with X11VNC. I VNC (using KRDC) from one Kubuntu box to a Kubuntu (GUI-based) server running X11VNC. I just set up X11VNC to autostart should the Kubuntu server restart due to a power failure or something.

I get perfect graphics transmission using X11VNC.

However, I don't routinely use sound on my VNC connections, and can't remember how well X11VNC does with sound (it's been a long time since I tried that)...

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
                        and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

Working...
                        X