This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia Driver and Xorg with high CPU Usage

Kubuntu 12.04 seems have problem with the latest Nvidia driver, it will cause the xorg become high CPU usage, consuming RAM, and drag the whole system slow. I don't know what can I do to report this, so I just post this problem on the forum. Is this problem is not a news? Or what should I do to report this problem ?

And by the way, my Computer graphic Card is Nvidia GTX 560. I am using Kubuntu 12.04 Beta 2 AMD 64 version.
    Last edited by aa33002; Apr 22, 2012, 06:45 AM.

Not just Kubuntu or 12.04 -- there is a problem with 290.40: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=178460

Looks like you might get an improvement by disabling flipping.
    Last edited by dibl; Apr 22, 2012, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl View Post
      Not just Kubuntu or 12.04 -- there is a problem with 290.40: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=178460

Looks like you might get an improvement by disabling flipping.
      Thanks!but looks like another guy in the post said it's not working?
      Well, at lease I know it's not a ubuntu problem, THX !!

Comment

The simplest thing to check on, is whether the Desktop Effect Blur is the culprit. By default it is enabled (I think). For some GPU's, especially Intel GPU's, the Blur effect is simply to taxing on the CPU. So, if Blur is enabled, disable it: K Menu > System Settings > Desktop Effects > All Effects and uncheck Blur (if it is checked) or get there with alt-shift-f12.
        Last edited by Snowhog; Apr 27, 2012, 08:44 PM.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          The simplest thing to check on, is whether the Desktop Effect Blur is the culprit. By default it is enabled (I think). For some GPU's, especially Intel GPU's, the Blur effect is simply to taxing on the CPU. So, if Blur is enabled, disable it: K Menu > System Settings > Desktop Effects > All Effects and uncheck Blur (if it is checked).
          well, after back to the Nvidia driver of version 280, everything works just fine. So I think it's not kwin's problem, it's really Nvidia driver problem...
          Thanks anyway!

Comment

Working...
          X