X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telepathy is not connecting

Hello guys,

I upgrade Oneri to Precise 2 weeks ago, and today upgrade my Kubuntu instalation to the new Beta 2. However, since I upgrade it Telepathy stop to work. Any accounts that I try to connect like MSN, Google Talk, Facebook. I d'ont get to connect to them and NO message appear to me explain me what is happening. Kopete and Pidgin are working fine. I'm interesting in Telepathy... Any ideas?

Are you getting an error message? If not, go to the Telepathy Contacts widgit and change your status from "off-line" to something else, via the drop down box.
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

It is happening to my machines too. Kopete goes fine, but nothing with Telepathy. I tried Kmess and after few minutes connected it becomes offline with the message "Impossible to connect to Live Messenger service". But I can reconnect manually!

Comment

Which version of Telepathy? Are you updated to .3?
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Hi dequire! No error message is showed. And like I sad, I upgraded my version to Precise Pangolin and Telepathy version is 0.3 which is in the Precise repositories.

Comment

I'm not sure then :/ I use 11.10 and Telepathy .3 without issue. It has replaced Kopete since .3 came out, without any problems. I would ask on #KDE-Telepathy on IRC.
            K*Digest Blog
            K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Hello dequire,

I need to say more... Yesterday I installed Kubuntu Beta 2 on virtual machine waiting for Telepathy to work. However, Telepathy went wrong. Nothing working again. No error message. Telepathy seems to not working on Kubuntu Precise. Maybe a bug?

Comment

Hello. I'm not sure, as I use 11.10 right now. Hopefully someone else can jump in.
                K*Digest Blog
                K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by thiagoaderaldo View Post
                  Hello dequire,

I need to say more... Yesterday I installed Kubuntu Beta 2 on virtual machine waiting for Telepathy to work. However, Telepathy went wrong. Nothing working again. No error message. Telepathy seems to not working on Kubuntu Precise. Maybe a bug?
                  I'm on "PeePee" 12.04 and it's working here kopete that is, msn, jabber/google & skype. On telepathy msn & google works(no skype on telepathy though, but that's not intended either for me). Not saying it can't be a bug but on my end it's "fine", this is a upgrade from 11.10. I switched from kopete (which is the usual message client I use) to telepathy just to try for this instance.

B.R

Jonas
                  ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
                  Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
                  Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
                  Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
                  - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
                  >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Hello Jonas and dequire,

like I said first I updated my Oneric version to Precisice Pangolin. In this case, telepathy stop to work. And also, like I said after, I downloaded Kubuntu 12.04 Beta 2 and installed it on a virtual machine. In this case too telepathy is not working and no message is showed. Try this: download Kubuntu 12.04 Beta 2 and try to run telepathy. After to be installed, what do you see?

Comment

I can verify on a fresh install that Telepathy is not working on my 12.04 Beta 2 rig. It is however working fine in 11.10...
                      K*Digest Blog
                      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Like I said! Telepathy is not working on Precise Pangolin. How can we advise the Kubuntu Developers guys?

Comment

telepathy-kde .3.1 is due to hit any day. It's recommended that we wait for that package and then test it then.
                          K*Digest Blog
                          K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Ok! Let's wait for it!

Comment

Hello dequire,

KDE Telepathy 0.3.1 was released. Here is the post: http://www.sharpley.org.uk/blog/ktp-0-3-1-released

When it will be upgrade on Precise repositories or on kde-telepathy ppa?!

Comment

Working...
                              X