Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

libreoffice 3.5 kde integration help please!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

libreoffice 3.5 kde integration help please!

so i just updated today, via the .deb packages from libreoffice, to LO 3.5. so far so good, functionality great etc.
    But i'm having problems getting the ui to look good. At the moment it's clunky and basic, with only the debian desktop integration dkpg installed.

i had a search around for the kde integration but through the software channels, only older versions are available and the one i found here
    is, of course for precise and throws up dependency issues (the main one being that libreoffice core is missing...)

can anyone recommed any work arounds of integrating LO 3.5 into the desktop -- and making it pretty -- or is it just a matter of waiting for either the integration .deb to be updated for Oneiric, or a dist upgrade to precise in april?

many thanks!

I have libreoffice-kde and libreoffice-style-oxygen installed for LO 3.5. When I started libreoffice writer, I had to go to View>Toolbars and deselect all the Add-On's which had been added and did not need. With these changes I am happy with the overall look of the libreoffice 3.5 desktop

Comment

Open Konsole and type: sudo mv /opt/libreoffice3.5/ure-link/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /opt/libreoffice3.5/ure-link/lib/libstdc++.so.6_bak.
      This works only if debs from Libreoffice are well installed, kde-integration deb included.

Comment

Originally posted by danyelmo View Post
        Open Konsole and type: sudo mv /opt/libreoffice3.5/ure-link/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /opt/libreoffice3.5/ure-link/lib/libstdc++.so.6_bak.
        This works only if debs from Libreoffice are well installed, kde-integration deb included.
        thanks for the reply, but i'm not sure what you mean by 'well installed'
        so, to be clear: i need to install the kde-integration deb. even though it does not install correctly and shows up as a broken package?
        and then change the libstdc++.so.6 file as you laid out above?

thanks for the continued help!

Comment

Originally posted by NoWorries View Post
          I have libreoffice-kde and libreoffice-style-oxygen installed for LO 3.5. When I started libreoffice writer, I had to go to View>Toolbars and deselect all the Add-On's which had been added and did not need. With these changes I am happy with the overall look of the libreoffice 3.5 desktop
          thanks, i've changed around the toolbars/addons etc. but it's the overall 'look' i'm not happy with.

Comment

Yes. Enter in /RPMS directory and install the packages with: sudo dpkg -i *deb.

But finally, the packages from LibreOffice PPA are ready to use:
            sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
            sudo apt-get update
            sudo apt-get install libreoffice libreoffice-kde

Comment

But finally, the packages from LibreOffice PPA are ready to use:
              sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
              sudo apt-get update
              sudo apt-get install libreoffice libreoffice-kde
              thanks, i'll get to that now.
              i'd held off adding the ppa, as i was a little worried i'd end up with beta versions....
              plus i once had a nightmare (ie had to reinstall) trying to remove a beta ppa for calligra.
              ...as you might guess , i'm something of a noob...

anyway, i'll bite the bullet and add the ppa i think,
              thanks

Comment

Thanks so much! installed kde deb, entered commands in konsole....and kde beauty is restored.

Comment

I have spent some considerable time resolving the fact that on my Oneric system, Libreoffice 3.5 had File>Recent Documents blank, ie no entries even after loading a file and exiting. I did a Google search and found that I needed to delete the file registrymodifications.xcu for Libreoffice. I used Dolphin and could not fine that file. I have found that the find command in Dolphin does not search in hidden directories and I could not find a way to get it to do that. I found that Libreoffice 3.5 now has its files in
                  Code:
                   ~/.config/libreoffice/3/user
                  Until a way is found to get Dophin to search in hidden directories, I will use the console command locate. On my system with all the changes that have occurred this command gives the following output when searching for the xcu file.
                  Code:
                  ~$ locate registrymodifications.xcu
                  /home/aurora/.config/libreoffice/3/user/registrymodifications.xcu
                  /home/aurora/.libreoffice_bk/3/user/registrymodifications.xcu
                  /home/aurora/.libreoffice_bk2/3/user/registrymodifications.xcu
                  ~$
                  I hope this is of use to others who have had this problem, and it would be great, if Dolphin could be made to search in hidden directories.

Comment

That's surprising and disturbing that "Find" in Dolphin won't search hidden directories - even if view hidden files (Alt - .) is on. I can't find any relevant questions or confirmation in a web search, though.

Meanwhile, I make extensive use of the find command. It takes a bit more syntax, which you have to learn, than locate, but it is very powerful.
                    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Thanks NoWorries, i see my 'recent docs' is blank too, so i'll be using your fix later.

I'm actually experiencing another LO 3.5 issue now. i thought about starting a new thread, but as this one seems to be turning into a general LO 3.5 help thread i'll ask it here and see if anyone can help.
                      Basically, if i try to update using Apper, a prompt window opens prior to the update stating that there is one package to remove....LibreOffice 3.5...

updating via konsole is seemingly just as ineffective, giving this info:

Reading package lists... Done
                      Building dependency tree
                      Reading state information... Done
                      You might want to run ‘apt-get -f install’ to correct these.
                      The following packages have unmet dependencies.
                      libreoffice-kde : Depends: libreoffice-core (= 1:3.5.0-1ubuntu4) but it is not installed
                      Depends: uno-libs3 (>= 1.4.0) but it is not installed
                      Recommends: libreoffice-style-oxygen but it is not installed
                      E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

Any suggestions??
                      cheers

Comment

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
                        That's surprising and disturbing that "Find" in Dolphin won't search hidden directories - even if view hidden files (Alt - .) is on. I can't find any relevant questions or confirmation in a web search, though.

Meanwhile, I make extensive use of the find command. It takes a bit more syntax, which you have to learn, than locate, but it is very powerful.
                        When I used the "Find" in Dolphin for files named registrymodifications.xcu I get the results shown in the graphic. In the list of files, I cannot see any file with the name used in the search. I am therefore very wary of the Dolphin's "Find" option.

EDIT: Since the update to KDE 4.8.1, I no longer get any output when I use Dolphin "Find" for the file registrymodifications.xcu.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by NoWorries; Mar 07, 2012, 02:38 AM.

Comment

That's even odder ... when I try it I get no results (even for files that exist in hidden directories), but you're getting results that don't even match. I haven't seen that. ... Also disturbing
                          I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Originally posted by henge View Post
                            Thanks NoWorries, i see my 'recent docs' is blank too, so i'll be using your fix later.
                            Basically, if i try to update using Apper, a prompt window opens prior to the update stating that there is one package to remove....LibreOffice 3.5...

updating via konsole is seemingly just as ineffective, giving this info:

Reading package lists... Done
                            Building dependency tree
                            Reading state information... Done
                            You might want to run ‘apt-get -f install’ to correct these.
                            The following packages have unmet dependencies.
                            libreoffice-kde : Depends: libreoffice-core (= 1:3.5.0-1ubuntu4) but it is not installed
                            Depends: uno-libs3 (>= 1.4.0) but it is not installed
                            Recommends: libreoffice-style-oxygen but it is not installed
                            E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

Any suggestions??
                            cheers
                            I have never used apper. I either use muon or, more frequently konsole, with the commands
                            Code:
                            sudo apt-get update
                            sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
                            If I had the message you are getting, I would enter the commands
                            Code:
                            sudo dpkg --configure -a
                            sudo apt-get install -f
                            to fix all the dependencies. Hopefully you can get Libreoffice related packages that you need installed.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
                              I have noticed the same. It's very annoying, really.

Comment

Working...
                              X