This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragon Player, movie player mp4 files

I "upgraded' to Kubuntu after using Ubuntu for several months (11.04). I had always been able to play mp4 video with movie player. While using Dragon player i received a notifier message that packages were available to make Dragon player work better. I followed the prompts until "package installed successfully". Now Dragon Player plays only audio and a white scren. Movie player insists on searching for a h.264 encoder which it can't find.

Any clues appreciated...

Thanks

Re: Dragon Player, movie player mp4 files

you nead the "kubuntu-restricted-extras" package then a restart.

this dose not add the "libdvdcss2" that is kneaded for dvd playback .....that lives at medibuntu!!

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks Vinny, but...

The package installed ok but there was no change to any of the media players.

Comment

You need to add the Medibuntu Repository and Key and then follow the instructions for Playing Encrypted DVDs With the entire Medibuntu repository and Playing Non-Native Media Formats With the entire Medibuntu repository
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS815
          I "upgraded' to Kubuntu after using Ubuntu for several months (11.04). I had always been able to play mp4 video with movie player. While using Dragon player i received a notifier message that packages were available to make Dragon player work better. I followed the prompts until "package installed successfully". Now Dragon Player plays only audio and a white scren. Movie player insists on searching for a h.264 encoder which it can't find.

Any clues appreciated...

Thanks
          when you say "upgraded' to Kubuntu ......................what do you mean........you added kubuntu to ubuntu ........or reinstalled a new kubuntu?

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I added Kubuntu to Ubuntu. Everything worked as before, including the mp4 files. It was only after installing the packages suggested by the Kubuntu notifier "There are packages that can help Dragon player work better" (words to that effect), that all the media players syopped working. I was wondering if there was a way to roll back the installation.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
            X