This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] set kdesudo prompting delay

Hello, I tried googling for any tips on (kde)sudo configuration, found nothing useful. The problem is that kdesudo every time asks me for password, should I need to use some QT app with root privileges. It is annoying when using moblock with mobloquer – every change in configuration needs me to type password two times – for saving config file and restarting moblock daemon.

So I'd like kdesudo to remember my password for a few minutes, 5-15, so that I don't need to type it a few times in 20-sec period.

I found on the net, that kdesudo is only a frontend for sudo, and it should use the sudo settings for caching password (actually – sudo should cache, and when password is stored, kdesudo shouldn't prompt for it). It's not true on my system.

sudo ask me for password, I believe, only after 15 minutes after my last sudo activity (and not before it – if I type a few commands starting with sudo one after another only the first asks me to type password). I've also added line Defaults:silmeth timestamp_timeout=15 to my /etc/sudoers using visudo. No effect. kdesudo still asks me for password every time I run it.

Information sudo gives me:
    Code:
    silmeth@silmeth-dell:~% sudo -l 
    Matching Defaults entries for silmeth on this host:
      env_reset, timestamp_timeout=15

User silmeth may run the following commands on this host:
      (ALL) ALL
    So how to set kdesudo to not prompt for password for some time, until sudo timestamp expires?

Re: set kdesudo prompting delay

I recall kdesudo doesn't like the tty_tickets option (timestamps are ignored when the option is on).

Try adding !tty_tickets (disable tty_tickets) to your sudoers defaults:
    !tty_tickets,env_reset,timestamp_timeout=15
    EDIT: check 'man sudoers' if you wish to learn more about the option.

EDIT2: I probably should mention that setting !tty_tickets loosens sudo security a tad, because timestamp is global (instead of per tty) without tty_tickets

Comment

Re: set kdesudo prompting delay

OK, it works, thank you very much ;-)

EDIT:
      Originally posted by kubicle
      EDIT2: I probably should mention that setting !tty_tickets loosens sudo security a tad, because timestamp is global (instead of per tty) without tty_tickets
      Yes, I found out that reading manual for sudoers. But it isn't real security problem, at least on not-ssh-server. At the keyboard sits only one person, and when (s)he leaves - it doesn't matter how many ttys may gain easily root privileges.

And I believe different behaviour can be set for ssh, so I see no problem here ;-).

EDIT2:
      Hmm, I see configuring different behaviour for users logged in from non-local hosts is not so trivial I thought it would be...

Comment

Working...
      X