This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTFS File System not auto mounting

I have dual boot laptop with 2 ntfs drives and 1 ext4 drive. Before yesterday i was using Kubuntu 14.04 LTS edition, and after changing one setting in the settings menu related to startup and shutdown i was able to automount my NTFS drives at login. This also helped as coupled with system restore function in 14.04 version, i could reload files from my ntfs drives even after rebooting.

In the new version 15.10 i am unable to find this setting for automounting ntfs drives in the settings menu. I have to go dolphin and click on the drives to mount them. I have searched the settings but no luck. Is this functionality removed in this version?

Also Dolphin does not reboot when multiple tabs are open, something peculiar in 15.10 version. Looks like a bug. Any solutions for this?

Regards,
    Santosh

The KDE gui to automount partitions will be back with the plasma 5.5.

KDE Forums/Automount partitions GUI missing from system settings: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=289&t=126846

KDE Schedules: https://techbase.kde.org/Schedules
    --> Plasma schedules: https://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/Plasma_5
    5.4.95 Date Release: Thu 2015-11-19
    5.5.0 Date Release:Tue 2015-12-08

Also Dolphin does not reboot when multiple tabs are open...
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

you could just create a 2 mount point's for them and add 2 lines to your /etc/fstab so they auto mount at boot .

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

@rog:so like all of us run plasma 5 on arch now ?

@Op do what vinny suggests and you should never have an issue again reguardless of the desktop your using.
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
          you could just create a 2 mount point's for them and add 2 lines to your /etc/fstab so they auto mount at boot .

VINNY
          I followed what vinny suggests. I can read/write the NTFS drives in win7, Backbox (ubuntu 14.04 with entwork security tools), Fedora23, and openSuse 42.1 Since it works everywhere, I think it is the best solution.

not abandoning kubuntu, just getting more familiar with all distros. Sound like someone who would love to work from home supporting linux? That's me. Haven't seen any jobs out there yet though

Comment

@Rog131 Thank You for suggesting Arch Linux. I'll start using it instead of Kubuntu immediately.

Comment

Working...
            X