This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 1606dn laserjet printer stopped printing

but I can manually print a test page from the printer console. Apparently one of the updates within the last 3 or 4 days broke it, or the new kernel installed today broke it. I had installed it using the hplip-3.10.1.run driver, which automatically downloaded and installed the proprietary plugin.

So, I downloaded the latest hplip-3.11.3.run driver for my HP LaserJet Pro 1606dn duplex printer, but it failed to install the proprietary plugin, hplip-3.11.3-plugin.run. So, I downloaded it separately and ran it manually.

The first thing I noticed was a catch-22. When I ran "sudo ./hplip-3.11.3-plugin.run" it fails with a
    QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No such file or directory
    QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /home/jerry/.config/ibus/bus
    Bus:pen: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.
    IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon
    Error: "/var/tmp/kdecache-jerry" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
    So, I ran the grub recovery menu option and chose root with a network. When I got to a terminal I issued
    startx and got the KDE4 desktop as root. Then I ran the plugin command and got just:
    QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No such file or directory
    QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /home/root/.config/ibus/bus
    Bus:pen: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.
    IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon
    but I have no clue as to why the ibus-daemon is not running, or if it should be. I have ibus-qt4 installed, but installing ibus didn't help with the printer problem. I uploaded an image of the output.

Attached Files
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.
Working...
X