This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KMyMoney no longer working on 14.04

It seems KMyMoney is broken at the moment on 14.4. Running from console gives the following:
    Code:
    kmymoney: error while loading shared libraries: libkmm_payeeidentifier.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    A Google search turned up nothing on that library. I'm assuming it's unique to KMM based on it's name. Just posting as an FYI for anyone else who might use KMM on Kubuntu.
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Just tested this. Installed kmymoney in my Oracle VirtualBox VM of 14.04. It installed without any problems, and it runs without any problems.

Might I suggest you try re-installing kmymoney?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

On my system it does not run & gives the same error whether run from stock PPA's or via Claydoh's KMM PPA. Running on a fully-updated system. It was working in the past, but a recent update apparently has broken it.
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

The question is what in 14.04 changed from the last time it worked and it stopped working. There have been no updates to the kmymoney for Trusty my ppa in nearly a year, and the last release of the program was just over a year ago.

Comment

dequire@

Do/did you use Online Banking with KMymoney?
          Last edited by Snowhog; May 08, 2016, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Heck, I don't even use it other than firing it up occasionally. I only have recently opened a checking/savings account for the first time in years, and I don't really have a need to download and reconcile things as I don't write checks, so for my particular use case I do not need all (or any, really) the tools it has at the moment.

Comment

My question was meant for dequire, but you got your post in a head of it.

I asked about Online Banking only because I think that maybe the plugin for it might use that library file. Purely a guess on my part and only because I found this thread concerning the exact same error.

On my systems with KMymoney installed and working just fine, the 'missing' library file: libkmm_payeeidentifier.so doesn't exist.
              Last edited by Snowhog; May 08, 2016, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                The question is what in 14.04 changed from the last time it worked and it stopped working. There have been no updates to the kmymoney for Trusty my ppa in nearly a year, and the last release of the program was just over a year ago.
                That's kind of what I thought. Weird thing is though, my KMM just recently stopped working. However, over on the KDE forums there's reports of KMM being broken in 14.04 since March: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=131775
                It does appear to only be a 'buntu thing...

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                dequire@

Do/did you use Online Banking with KMymoney?
                No I manually enter transactions, however I did recently download and import a Quicken-formatted transaction download. I suppose I should report this as a Kubuntu packaging bug?
                Last edited by dequire; May 08, 2016, 05:51 PM.
                K*Digest Blog
                K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
                  No I manually enter transactions, however I did recently download and import a Quicken-formatted transaction download.
                  Was KMymoney working properly before you did this, and not afterwards?

Comment

libkmm_payeeidentifier.so was introduced *after* 4.7.2 (the latest stable official release) so my guess is y'all are actually running the one daily build that built :P The file definitely does not exist in 4.7.2.

https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kmymo...ry/002002.html
                    more specifically:
                    https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kmymo...ry/002003.html

my memory is terrible, and I more or less abandoned the daily builds I was doing as they stopped building.

Anyhoo uninstall kmymoney and kmymoney-common, remove any non-stable ppa, and reinstall kmm. Or use ppa-purge.

On a side note, hooking up Kmm to my Wells Fargo accounts was as simple as putting in my web login details and selecting accounts. No detailed multi-step process like it used to be. Slick

Comment

I'm not certain on that one, Snowhog. Let me move my KMM profile off of this system and purge everything and see if I can re-create the situation from scratch.
                      K*Digest Blog
                      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

libkmm_payeeidentifier.so was introduced *after* 4.7.2 (the latest stable official release) so my guess is y'all are actually running the one daily build that built :P The file definitely does not exist in 4.7.2.

more specifically:

my memory is terrible, and I more or less abandoned the daily builds I was doing as they stopped building.

Anyhoo uninstall kmymoney and kmymoney-common, remove any non-stable ppa, and reinstall kmm. Or use ppa-purge.

On a side note, hooking up Kmm to my Wells Fargo accounts was as simple as putting in my web login details and selecting accounts. No detailed multi-step process like it used to be. Slick
                        Great! Thanks for clarifying.
                        K*Digest Blog
                        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

more specifically:

I've been using KMymoney for several years now, and I have it installed and use it daily in my Kubuntu 16.04 Oracle VirtualBox VM. It works just fine, and as I said, that 'missing' library file is no where on that system.

My KMymoney is version 4.7.2 (Using KDE Development Platform 4.14.16)

It was installed and gets updated from my ppa entry showing:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/claydoh/kmymoney2-kde4/ubuntu xenial main

Am I supposed to have "the release" that includes this new library file??

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                            My KMymoney is version 4.7.2 (Using KDE Development Platform 4.14.16)

<snip>

Am I supposed to have "the release" that includes this new library file??[/COLOR]
                            No, you are good

TMI time :
                            The file is from versions of Kmm post-4.7.2, pulled directly from git. The error message actually is due a packaging error as the automatic builds I had set up did not account for the newly incorporated files so they were not inserted into the packaging after compiling.

As far as I can tell, the file in question may no longer exist or is renamed in newer code, at least for what should eventually become the plasma 5 version.
                            I though that they were doing at least one more KDE 4 version before, but that may have changed. Development seems to be going on in both the stable branch and the frameworks one.
                            Last edited by claydoh; May 08, 2016, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X