This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma long loading after login

Anyone else is facing long time loading plasma (wallpaper and menu bar) after login?
    There is just black screen with icons at desktop, didn't had this problem at 15.04.

Yes, same here. only Yakuake show up to be ready. In 15.04 loading was much faster.

Comment

First login showed black screen forever. Gave up after 10 min and rebooted. Now I got wallpaper and Yakuake - but no menu bar. I have two displays, the PC monitor and the living room TV. Checked the TV, and yes there was the menubar! Started settings - but nothing happened on the TV. Went back to the PC and there it was! Tapped Display and Monitor and tapped Unify Display. Logged out and in again - took 1 minute to load.

At least the Unified Display now worked. This was my huge problem with 15.04 http://youtu.be/PUW33XSKjik

Comment

Yes. I am experiencing the same problem, except I do not receive a blank/black screen. I see the desktop but menubar does not show up for 1 minute. I did a clean install to make sure it was not an upgrade problem.

Comment

Originally posted by lsochia View Post
          Yes. I am experiencing the same problem, except I do not receive a blank/black screen. I see the desktop but menubar does not show up for 1 minute. I did a clean install to make sure it was not an upgrade problem.
          Same here after upgrading from 15.04 to 15.10

Comment

Agreed. The funny thing is I tested every release candidate and this did not occur until the final one. On the plus side, I no longer need to enter my wifi password with each re-boot.

Comment

Noticed same thing, in my case I tracked it down to the network manager applet in the system tray. I've got networks disabled in the system tray settings till it's fixed.

Comment

Plasma long loading after login - the same here

Comment

KDE Bug: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=354230

It seems better after applying today's updates.
                  Last edited by mparillo; Oct 24, 2015, 09:47 AM. Reason: It seems better after applying today's updates.

Comment

Same thing here, and with cleanly installed 15.10.

Comment

I have a similar and very strange issue. I upgraded from 15.04 to 15.10 and the update stalled with 8% to go. I was planning to rebuild anyway so did a clean install of 15.10.

The install went fine, but after reboot I can only get a black screen. Wifi light works but nothing else. However... If I choose Recovery mode, then choose to resume normal boot it loads the display and I can use the laptop without issue. It seems like it isn't loading the display drivers but I am not sure.

The hardware is a Pavilion G6 laptop with a Radeon HD 6520G

Comment

I have the same problem. The beta was fine. Then it started the slow loading the after a update.
                        Last edited by roadrunner58; Oct 25, 2015, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Update from testing on an under-powered 1GB Netbook, where I have time to try things: Immediately after the login notification, krunner (Alt-F2) works, but neither the Panel nor the Application Launcher (Alt-F1) do.

Update from the bug report: It looks as if the root cause is identified. It seems to be related to Bluetooth (We can see we're making some blocking calls to BlueZ here), and the proposed solution is to make those calls async.

Comment

Originally posted by mparillo View Post
                            Update from testing on an under-powered 1GB Netbook, where I have time to try things: Immediately after the login notification, krunner (Alt-F2) works, but neither the Panel nor the Application Launcher (Alt-F1) do.

Update from the bug report: It looks as if the root cause is identified. It seems to be related to Bluetooth (We can see we're making some blocking calls to BlueZ here), and the proposed solution is to make those calls async.
                            If you don't need or don't have bluetooth just do:

Code:
                            $ sudo systemctl disable bluetooth.service
                            And the systemtray will load quickly.

Comment

I have "solved" disabling from systemtray network manager.

Comment

Working...
                              X