This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant install login screen as well as other items in Kubuntu 14.10

This is the message I get when trying to install this with the KDM login manager in the settings menu. Please help because it it making me nuts!Some things will load and some give me this business. Thanks

unable to download the KDM theme archive;
    please check that address Downloads/119111-Kubuntu10Spectrum.tar.gz is correct.

You can't install a compressed file, which is what you are trying to do. The 119111-Kubuntu10Spectrum.tar.gz needs to be unpacked first. You can open and unpack the contents with Ark.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

The OP is likely trying to get a kdm theme via the theme installer applet from within System Settings (the Get Hot New Stuff, or GHNS)

The error is quite descriptive : it can't download the file. The link to the file is either broken over on kde-look.org, or the file no longer exists.
      I found a couple of kdm themes featuring the word "spectrum", one definitely no longer exists - the link is to an external location.

Look here:
      http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=119111

you can try downloading the file from here, and use the 'install from file" or similar option in the same place you have the Get New Themes option. You can see the option to install from file here

http://askubuntu.com/questions/45267...-kubuntu-14-04
      Point the installer to the tar.gz file. If that does not work, try unzipping it and point it to the folder you extracted. If the theme was set up correctly by the author, it *should* work. Do note that theis theme is nearly 6 years old, but from the comments, it seems to work fine in 14.04.

Comment

Working...
      X