Click image for larger version

Name:	15.04 icons.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	642985

Comment

ownCloud icon's working just fine, guys

Comment

I finally got my icon. Fresh install of Alpha-2, and followed the Headless CLI Instructions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot1.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	642987.

Comment

Today brought an updated HPLIP and the icon is back

Comment

And then I bought an SSD and did a totally fresh install.
            HPLIP crashes with the old message there is no system tray and I still have to do a hot reboot to get a working system.

This makes me wonder what made the icon show up in the original install...

Comment

Originally posted by mparillo View Post
              I finally got my icon. Fresh install of Alpha-2, and followed the Headless CLI Instructions.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6229[/ATTACH].
              I am not sure my fresh install had anything to do with it.
              It seems to me that as my other VMs / Partitions are being upgraded, the Drop Box Icon is starting to appear everywhere.
              For all I know it is a stealthy Drop Box upgrade.

Comment

Another observation, by enabling Kubuntu backports repository I did get the HPLIP icon back but still no Dropbox and and Skype icons.

Comment

Thats weird. A recent update brought it back for me.

Comment

yup ,,,,,it magically appeared @hear as well

VINNY
                    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                    16GB RAM
                    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Running a basic install of 15.04, with only Dropbox installed and no other repositories added. Loaded all the updates today and no Dropbox icon. Is there a repository I should enable?

Comment

I think most of us are using the backports PPA for updated KDE stuff .

https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-ppa/+...untu/backports

VINNY
                        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                        16GB RAM
                        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Do you get an icon from running Dropbox from the K-menu, or double clicking the binary, or is it not loading at login?

I have the standard deb file from dropbox installed, and it does run for me - but I have since upgraded to Wily. I was using 15.04 with kubuntu-backports installed, and it worked there. I am guessing that updating plasma is putting the correct libraries in the correct places for Dropbox to find.

You could try doing the 'headless' install - which simply installs dropbox locally in your home dir, and looks to have a newer dropbox version than the deb file.
                          https://www.dropbox.com/install?os=lnx

If that doesn't work, then maybe consider upgrading Plasma - which is a good idea in general, major plasma and frameworks upgrades in there

Comment

HP systray still crashes here. I have to kill it and re-launch it after it fails on log-in. Same for Synergy.

Error is "No System Tray found"

and still no dropbox icons either.

Please Read Me

Comment

Loaded the backports PPA, and Kubuntu locks up while downloading one of the packages. After rebooting it then hangs everytime on bootup. Wiped that install out and did a fresh install without the backports. Still no dropbox icon.

Not too concerned, as I'm still running 14.10 and I know eventually it will appear in 15.04!

Comment

OK well, Dropbox mysteriously appeared in the systray this morning after powering up (I did a full shutdown last night) along with chromium and solaar so the tray appears to be working in that regard. However, synergy and hp-systray still cannot find the system tray so I would assume the issue is now those apps.

The only thing I did significant to my system yesterday was install the grive/Google Drive ppa and add a google drive folder to my home. The grive indicator is also in the systray so maybe it pulled in something I was missing.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                                X