Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Common widgets not available for Plasma 5?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should point out that I am using the repository ppaorg-edgers/ppa.
    Probably a packaging error on something in that ppa.
    I wouldn't recommend using the xorg-edgers ppa unless you know it has something that will work for you, especially in Vivid. You are using bleeding edge xorg and video drivers on a still somewhat bleeding edge version of a *buntu.

A bit of trivia: the tool ppa-purge was originally created by the xorg-edgers folks to allow users to be able to revert back to the original xorg stuff without breaking things.

Comment

The reason why I was using xorg-edgers was because I got the same results without it, ie lots of gnome/unity packages. No doubt you are aware of the these problems reported elsewhere for Vivid. So nothing has changed since then.

You must be living a charmed life to be able to install NVIDIA drivers on Vivid.

Comment

naw, I fairly recently got a cheap Nvidia low profile, fanless GT 610 for my Kodi box, originally with Utopic, and likely upgraded to Vivid before this bug was introduced.

Actually I may have a charmed linux life the past few years. I never ever ever check for any hardware compatibility with any system or hardware I have purchased, on purpose. Stuff just works. Being limited to ebay bargains means somewhat older stuff, which is more likely to run in Linux.

Comment

You folks seeing this should file a bug report, else no one will know about it otherwise.

Comment

Working...
          X