X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vivaldi browser from former Opera folks

https://vivaldi.com

Qapt makes quick work of the provided deb file.

Vivaldi on Vivid Vervet. Vroom.

Thanks for the link, I'm building it now.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; Jan 28, 2015, 03:22 AM.

Comment

One nice feature of this browser is that the browser itself changes colour to match the dominant colour of the web page your viewing.

examples
      Attached Files

Comment

Downloading now. Excited!!

Comment

Using it now. So far - excellent. The minimalistic look will mesh very well with Plasma 5 IMO.

I particularly like how the cookies and site passwords are easily navigated to for review/removal.

Please Read Me

Comment

Im liking it too. It seems to have all most of the features I want in a browser and its easy to access and understand the settings. A few more features would be nice, like being able to change my locale. Hopefully that will come soon. Exciting times we live in.

Comment

Just had it lock and crash on me (the browser, not the system)...

Please Read Me

Comment

I'm thinking of installing Vivaldi because FF is really slowing down, even with pipelining. Chromium is fast but puts handcuffs on me.

PS- FF hangs on occasions and sometimes locks up and sometimes crashes, and over time is gradually getting worse. I'm wondering how much this has to do with the closed source DRM code FF has folded into its open source code. They obviously can't check the DRM code
                Last edited by GreyGeek; Jan 28, 2015, 01:00 PM.
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Having fun with Vivaldi.

But reminds me how insane general web surfing is without an ad blocker.

Comment

A lot of pages won't finish displaying if the ad servers don't return a completion code to the requested page.
                    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                      A lot of pages won't finish displaying if the ad servers don't return a completion code to the requested page.
                      Indeed. And that's when I press the 'x' key (VimFx shortcut for close tab).

Many many pages won't display for me because I run NoScript in Firefox and ScriptSafe in Chrome. Yeah, I hit the 'x' key, a lot.

Comment

Having one issue: The Navigation Shortcuts don't have an option to change or remove the Zoom shortcuts which are set at 6-7-8-9. Makes on-line banking difficult to say the least. The tab navigation shortcuts are 1-4 but they're removable in the setting menu.

Please Read Me

Comment

Rats! The page gave me a 522 error -- offline

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                            I'm thinking of installing Vivaldi because FF is really slowing down, even with pipelining. Chromium is fast but puts handcuffs on me.

PS- FF hangs on occasions and sometimes locks up and sometimes crashes, and over time is gradually getting worse. I'm wondering how much this has to do with the closed source DRM code FF has folded into its open source code. They obviously can't check the DRM code

Sadly... this browser is chromium based.
                            Kubuntu 18.04 on AMD

Comment

Originally posted by otisklt View Post
                              Sadly... this browser is chromium based.
                              Only the open sourced bits. If they fold in the DRM binaries and fail to add user controls that Chromium omits then what would be their point?

Comment

Working...
                              X