This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's up with today's upgrade

Anyone notice today's apt upgrade wants to remove some packages, like kubuntu-destop?

I haven't had he cojones to apply it.

hmmm.....

I see the same thing, and I don't see where it is being upgraded.
    Code:
    The following packages will be REMOVED:
      kaddressbook kde-baseapps-bin kdepasswd kmail knotes korganizer
      kubuntu-desktop libeventviews4 libksieveui4
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
      linux-headers-3.13.0-30 linux-headers-3.13.0-30-generic
      linux-image-3.13.0-30-generic linux-image-extra-3.13.0-30-generic
    The following packages have been kept back:
      kde-config-pimactivity libkdgantt2-0 libkleo4 libkpgp4 libmailimporter4
      libnoteshared4 libsendlater4 plasma-scriptengine-javascript
    The following packages will be upgraded:
      fonts-opensymbol freespacenotifier gnupg gnupg-agent gnupg2 gpgsm gpgv hplip
      hplip-data kate-data kde-baseapps-data kde-runtime-data kde-style-oxygen
      kde-wallpapers-default kde-window-manager kde-window-manager-common
      kde-workspace kde-workspace-bin kde-workspace-data
      kde-workspace-kgreet-plugins kdelibs-bin kdelibs5-data kdelibs5-plugins
      kdoctools khelpcenter4 kinfocenter klipper kmenuedit ksysguard ksysguardd
      libakonadi-kabc4 libastro1 libboost-date-time1.54.0
      libboost-program-options1.54.0 libboost-system1.54.0 libboost-thread1.54.0
      libcgmanager0 libdbusmenu-glib4 libdbusmenu-gtk4 libgpgme++2 libgphoto2-6
      libgphoto2-l10n libgphoto2-port10 libhpmud0 libkcmutils4 libkde3support4
      libkdeclarative5 libkdecorations4abi1 libkdecore5 libkdesu5 libkdeui5
      libkdewebkit5 libkdnssd4 libkemoticons4 libkephal4abi1 libkfile4 libkhtml5
      libkidletime4 libkio5 libkjsapi4 libkjsembed4 libkmanagesieve4
      libkmediaplayer4 libknewstuff2-4 libknewstuff3-4 libknotifyconfig4 libkntlm4
      libkonq5-templates libkparts4 libkprintutils4 libkpty4 libkrosscore4
      libkrossui4 libkscreensaver5 libksgrd4 libksieve4 libksignalplotter4
      libktexteditor4 libkunitconversion4 libkwineffects1abi4 libkwinglesutils1
      libkwinglutils1abi3 libkworkspace4abi2 libmarblewidget18 libnepomuk4
      libnepomukquery4a libnepomukutils4 libnspr4 libnspr4-0d
      libplasma-geolocation-interface4 libplasma3 libplasmaclock4abi4
      libplasmagenericshell4 libprocesscore4abi1 libprocessui4a libqgpgme1
      libreoffice-avmedia-backend-gstreamer libreoffice-base libreoffice-base-core
      libreoffice-base-drivers libreoffice-calc libreoffice-common
      libreoffice-core libreoffice-draw libreoffice-impress
      libreoffice-java-common libreoffice-kde libreoffice-math
      libreoffice-pdfimport libreoffice-sdbc-firebird libreoffice-sdbc-hsqldb
      libreoffice-style-oxygen libreoffice-writer libsane-hpaio libsmbclient
      libsolid4 libspectre1 libssl1.0.0 libtaskmanager4abi5 libthreadweaver4
      libwbclient0 libweather-ion6 linux-firmware linux-generic
      linux-headers-generic linux-image-generic linux-libc-dev marble-data
      marble-plugins nepomuk-core-data openssl plasma-dataengines-addons
      plasma-dataengines-workspace plasma-desktop plasma-netbook
      plasma-scriptengine-python plasma-widget-kimpanel plasma-widgets-addons
      plasma-widgets-workspace printer-driver-hpcups printer-driver-postscript-hp
      python-samba python3-uno resolvconf samba-common samba-common-bin samba-libs
      scdaemon smbclient systemsettings telepathy-gabble uno-libs3 ure
    153 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 9 to remove and 8 not upgraded.
    Need to get 231 MB of archives.
    After this operation, 211 MB of additional disk space will be used.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
    I'll take a snap shot of my VirtualBox guest first and try this later tonight when I get back from work. I haven't upgraded for a while and it will take some time.
    sigpic

Comment

weirdness here too, i installed some updates, did a reboot, and now it says ive got 69 more upgradeable packages however in muon when i click 'full upgrade' the 'apply changes' button is greyed out while muon updater only shows 2 upgradeable

edit: hmmm, kmail, akregator etc are all gone now and uninstallable
      Last edited by snerk; Jul 03, 2014, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Hi you all!

Same problem in Linux Mint 17 after the update. I can't get installed any KDE programs.

Quite strange, isn't it?

Comment

Here's the link to the Linux Mint forum, in case someone found a solution for this:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=172179

Comment

And a link to a post I made on askubuntu: http://askubuntu.com/questions/49123...other-packages

I'll be holding off on applying anything of this update even though `apt-get upgrade` (or aptitude safe-upgrade) should be fine. Looks like the repo is in the middle of going to KDE 4.13.2 .

Shame the upgrades to libraries can get published before the upgrades of the apps that depend on them and/or that library upgrades can push applications (i.e. the stuff users use...) off the system!!

Comment

seems to have been fixed now. updates done. also installed manually kubuntu-desktop to get all the things that got uninstalled previously

Comment

Indeed. Whew...

Seems I was right: the repository was in flux, probably in the process of publishing 4.13.2

`apt-get -s upgrade` and `apt-get -s dist-upgrade` now both say

Code:
                    Reading package lists... Done
                    Building dependency tree       
                    Reading state information... Done
                    Calculating upgrade... Done
                    The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
                      libgps21
                    Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove it.
                    The following packages have been kept back:
                      grub-common grub-pc grub-pc-bin grub2-common zfs-initramfs
                    The following packages will be upgraded:
                      akonadi-facebook akonadiconsole akregator ark baloo cantor
                      cantor-backend-kalgebra cantor-backend-maxima cantor-backend-octave
                      cantor-backend-python cantor-backend-r cantor-backend-scilab dolphin
                      freespacenotifier gir1.2-gudev-1.0 gnome-settings-daemon
                      gnome-settings-daemon-schemas kaddressbook kate kate-data katepart
                      kde-baseapps-bin kde-baseapps-data kde-config-pimactivity kde-runtime
                      kde-runtime-data kde-style-oxygen kde-wallpapers kde-wallpapers-default
                      kde-window-manager kde-window-manager-common kde-workspace kde-workspace-bin
                      kde-workspace-data kde-workspace-kgreet-plugins kdebase-runtime kdelibs-bin
                      kdelibs5-data kdelibs5-dbg kdelibs5-dev kdelibs5-plugins kdepasswd
                      kdepim-dbg kdepim-kresources kdepim-runtime kdepim-runtime-dbg
                      kdepimlibs-dbg kdepimlibs-kio-plugins kdepimlibs5-dev kdm kdoctools kfind
                      kgpg khelpcenter4 kinfocenter klipper kmail kmenuedit kmix knotes konqueror
                      konqueror-nsplugins konsole kontact korganizer ksysguard ksysguardd
                      ktimetracker kwalletmanager libakonadi-calendar4 libakonadi-contact4
                      libakonadi-kabc4 libakonadi-kcal4 libakonadi-kde4 libakonadi-kmime4
                      libakonadi-notes4 libakonadi-socialutils4 libakonadi-xml4 libastro-dev
                      libastro1 libbaloocore4 libbaloofiles4 libbaloopim4 libbalooxapian4
                      libcalendarsupport4 libdbusmenu-glib4 libdbusmenu-gtk3-4 libdbusmenu-gtk4
                      libeventviews4 libgpgme++2 libgudev-1.0-0 libincidenceeditorsng4 libkabc4
                      libkactivities-bin libkactivities-dev libkactivities-models1 libkactivities6
                      libkalarmcal2 libkasten2controllers2abi1 libkasten2core2 libkasten2gui2
                      libkasten2okteta1controllers1abi1 libkasten2okteta1core1
                      libkasten2okteta1gui1 libkateinterfaces4 libkatepartinterfaces4 libkblog4
                      libkcal4 libkcalcore4 libkcalutils4 libkcmutils4 libkcompactdisc4
                      libkde3support4 libkdeclarative5 libkdecorations4abi1 libkdecore5 libkdepim4
                      libkdepimdbusinterfaces4 libkdesu5 libkdeui5 libkdewebkit5 libkdgantt2-0
                      libkdnssd4 libkemoticons4 libkephal4abi1 libkfile4 libkfilemetadata4
                      libkholidays4 libkhtml5 libkidletime4 libkimap4 libkimproxy4 libkio5
                      libkjsapi4 libkjsembed4 libkldap4 libkleo4 libkmanagesieve4 libkmbox4
                      libkmediaplayer4 libkmime4 libknewstuff2-4 libknewstuff3-4 libknotifyconfig4
                      libkntlm4 libkonq-common libkonq5-templates libkonq5abi1
                      libkonqsidebarplugin4a libkontactinterface4 libkparts4 libkpgp4
                      libkpimidentities4 libkpimtextedit4 libkpimutils4 libkprintutils4 libkpty4
                      libkresources4 libkrosscore4 libkrossui4 libkscreensaver5 libksgrd4
                      libksieve4 libksieveui4 libksignalplotter4 libktexteditor4 libktnef4
                      libkunitconversion4 libkutils4 libkwineffects1abi4 libkwinglesutils1
                      libkwinglutils1abi3 libkworkspace4abi2 libkxmlrpcclient4 libmailcommon4
                      libmailimporter4 libmailtransport4 libmarble-dev libmarblewidget18
                      libmessagecomposer4 libmessagecore4 libmessagelist4 libmessageviewer4
                      libmicroblog4 libnepomuk4 libnepomukcleaner4 libnepomukcore4abi1
                      libnepomukquery4a libnepomukutils4 libnm-gtk-common libnm-gtk0
                      libnoteshared4 libnspr4 libnspr4-0d libokteta1core1 libokteta1gui1
                      libokularcore4 libpam-systemd libpimactivity4 libpimcommon4
                      libplasma-geolocation-interface4 libplasma3 libplasmaclock4abi4
                      libplasmagenericshell4 libprocesscore4abi1 libprocessui4a libqgpgme1
                      libsendlater4 libsolid4 libsyndication4 libsystemd-daemon0
                      libsystemd-journal0 libsystemd-login0 libtaskmanager4abi5 libtemplateparser4
                      libthreadweaver4 libudev-dev libudev1 libudev1:i386 libweather-ion6 marble
                      marble-data marble-plugins marble-qt nautilus-data nepomuk-core-data
                      nepomuk-core-dev nepomuk-core-ffmpegextractor nepomuk-core-runtime okular
                      okular-dev okular-extra-backends plasma-dataengines-addons
                      plasma-dataengines-workspace plasma-desktop plasma-netbook
                      plasma-runners-addons plasma-scriptengine-javascript
                      plasma-scriptengine-webkit plasma-widget-folderview plasma-widget-kimpanel
                      plasma-widget-lancelot plasma-widgets-addons plasma-widgets-workspace
                      systemd-services systemsettings udev
                    247 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.

Comment

Yup, the hundreds of updated packages have to propagate to all the umpteen buttloads of servers out there, so in this situation time is your friend, or for the impatient, trying different servers

Comment

As Claydoh says!
                    The update didn't give me any problems.
                    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                      As Claydoh says!
                      The update didn't give me any problems.
                      +1 here.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by superninja1981 View Post
                        Here's the link to the Linux Mint forum, in case someone found a solution for this:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=172179
                        Hmm I replied over there but don't see it

Comment

Bloody hell... did the update this morning, now my email has gone west from contact. Everything else is there, but no email plugin an more. How do I get that back again??

Comment

Ok, apt-get install kmail kaddressbook seems to have sorted out that issue.. Oh well...

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                              Hmm I replied over there but don't see it
                              And I am almost positive I didn't forget to hit the "post reply" button. Heck I am positive I had posted over in the Mint forums in the past, but my post count is zero

Oh well
                              Mint KDE is Kubuntu, after all, so why bother spending time there?

Comment

Working...
                              X