Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now available at KFN: the Ferengi plan! (valid only if you're the FCC)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now available at KFN: the Ferengi plan! (valid only if you're the FCC)

Chairman Tom Wheeler, no doubt you and your staff have seen our notice regarding a rate-limit currently in effect for all employees and staffers at your offices. Because you seem to have no problem with creating financial tiers across the Internet, we are responding in kind. Your access to Kubuntu Forums will not exceed 28.8 kbps. We will not remove this throttle until you pay us for the bandwidth you've been wasting instead of doing your job protecting us from the "keep America's internet slow and expensive forever" lobby.

However, all is not lost. To restore full-speed access to Kubuntu Forums, you have an option.

The Ferengi Plan

The Ferengi plan is a special FCC-only plan that costs $1000 per year, and removes the 28.8kbps modem throttle to the FCC. Please contact us for payment arrangements (sorry, we don't accept Latinum yet).

Original idea
    https://neocities.org/blog/the-fcc-is-now-rate-limited
    https://neocities.org/blog/the-fast-...rnet-civil-war

Fantastic!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I think there's a typo in the post in the announcement sub-forum about this: I'm pretty sure V.34 (28.8Kbps) modems weren't available until a lot closer to the mid-90's than the mid-80's.

/End pedantic nit-pick
      sigpic
      "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
      -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post

Fantastic!
        +1

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by HalationEffect View Post
            /End pedantic nit-pick
            Get your pedants out of my nits!

Fixed.

Comment