This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WINE after Internet Upgrade Path

Couldn't find anything on this here so asking. I haven't done the Internet Upgrade path in a long time due to past issues. Tried it on my work system and it had weird issues and actually even purported to have crashed. Did "sudo dpkg --configure -a" which did have one outstanding issue I took care of and rebooted and all appear to work great as well as WINE. Great! On to my home system using the same method of upgrade. All went well, noticed it said it would remove WINE but that was OK I let it do its thing. All went very well. No errors. Rebooted and was notified about proprietary drivers for my nVidia card but all seemed fine there. However as mentioned WINE was not upgraded just removed. I attempt to install WINE and it states it wants to remove the nVidia driver before it can. Why? How to prevent that? Anyone else with that issue?

Mind providing the detailed output of apt-get when you try installing it? Let's see what the solver believes it needs to do.

Comment

Provided I was going through the Package Manager that'll be difficult but I'll provide the output from command line as soon as I can and let you know.

Comment

From command line didn't provide much details as to why. Aborted and ran in simulation mode to post here. Elipsed out long list of files to install for WINE but enough there to see what it is doing. No indication as to why it would remove the nVidia driver. Unless it has to do with libopencl1. If so, then how to get around that.

Code:
        Reading package lists... Done
        Building dependency tree       
        Reading state information... Done
        The following extra packages will be installed:
          fonts-horai-umefont...................................
          winetricks
        Suggested packages:
          isdnutils-doc isdnutils-doc:i386 ...................................................
        Recommended packages:
          xml-core:i386 wine-mono0.0.8:i386
        The following packages will be REMOVED:
          [U][I][B]nvidia-libopencl1-331-updates[/B][/I][/U]
        The following NEW packages will be installed:
          fonts-horai-umefont ..................................................
          winetricks
        0 upgraded, 99 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Code:
        libxxf86vm1:i386 [U][I][B]ocl-icd-libopencl1 ocl-icd-libopencl1:i386[/B][/I][/U]
        Last edited by MoonRise; Apr 19, 2014, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Anyone else??

Comment

this bug :https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...t/+bug/1310267
            leads to this one: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...t/+bug/1310267

If you are not using Nvidia's CUDA, you likely can let it be removed, else follow post #7 in the second bug report as a workaround

Comment

Well, I don't think my card even has that capability so I don't know why that driver is there. I'll let the install of WINE do it's thing and see how "broken" the display is and go from there. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks! All seems OK. Actually better and the nVidia driver is still there. Maybe that was something I was playing with that got "stuck"? Don't know but so far so good.

Comment

Working...
                X