This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blueshell Firefox KDE Package Error

I tried to install the Blueshell version of Firefox with KDE support and got this error:

$ sudo apt-get install firefox firefox-kde-support
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package firefox-kde-support

Did you check the PPA at Launchpad to find out whether it is building for Trusty yet?

Comment

Looks like there is a published file as far as I understand this post.

Comment

That's the Firefox source package for the normal Firefox in the Ubuntu repository. The Blue Shell firefox-kde PPA shows that a version of Firefox 28.0 was built on April 2, but the corresponding firefox-kde-support for Trusty hasn't been built yet. You might hop in at #kubuntu-devel on IRC and ask what their plans are.

NOTE: I would remind you that using the version of Firefox in the Blue Shell PPA constitutes making a tradeoff between KDE integration and browser security. Because maintaining the PPA is a manual process, it will almost always be a few days or weeks behind the most recent version from Mozilla. If security vulnerabilities are found and fixed in the Firefox available in the standard repository, it may be some time before the Blue Shell version of Firefox is built.
        Last edited by SteveRiley; Apr 18, 2014, 10:18 PM.

Comment

I concur with Steve.
          I have tried Bluefish in the past but went back to the original because of the update lag.

I have been testing ff29 beta for weeks now and love it.
          I hope the final is released soon so we can update our ff 28 soon.

For installation go here:
          http://tutorialforlinux.com/2014/03/...-visual-guide/
          HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
          4 GB Ram
          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

I honestly would rather have the integrated version with a few days lag on the latest releases. Hopefully they maintain the Blue Shell releases for 14.04.

Comment

I went a different path, while waiting for the Trusty version of Blue Shell I enabled their Saucy repository.

Works fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
                I went a different path, while waiting for the Trusty version of Blue Shell I enabled their Saucy repository.

Works fine for me.

How did you do that?

Comment

Get into the (Muon) Settings/Sources list and edit the line for blueshell (http://ppa.launchpad.net/blue-shell/firefox-kde/ubuntu)
                  Change Distribution to saucy.
                  Press OK and watch the update.

Comment

Thanks works great!

Comment

Working...
                    X