This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chromium is much too "large" since latest updates

Chromium is much too "large" since latest updates that came between yesterday and today. See attached screenshot
    Click image for larger version

Name:	chrome_too_large.png
Views:	1
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	648166

the fault doesn't seem to be caused by my settings, since it looks the same with the guest account.
    Last edited by kaefert; Apr 15, 2014, 11:08 AM.

I checked my copy here and it appears to be working fine after all the latest updates.

Have you gone into your chromium options menu and made sure that you're not zoomed up (i.e.: your zoom level setting is really at 100%)?

cheers,
    bill
    sigpic
    A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. --Albert Einstein

Comment

the menue is not visible, but I've pressed strg+0 which should reset any zoom. and the zoom does only apply to the website and not the browsers-ui elements. (look at my screenshot and compare the size of the normal desktop ui elements in the top bar like minimise maximize and close window buttons and compare it to everything else!)

I think this might be related with this "a" on my settings icon, which seems to tell me that chrome is using "Aura" to draw itself which apperently is something like a debug developer thing which should not be distributed by package-maintainers...
      https://productforums.google.com/for...me/plDYRqQPEes
      Last edited by kaefert; Apr 16, 2014, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Even with the chromium window downsized you should still be able to get the chromium menu by clicking on the "a" settings icon. (the settings menu window is independent of the chromium window size.) Once you get there, about halfway down the menu are the zoom level selections "+" and "-".

Failing this, you should also be able to 'zoom out' the site window by selecting the chromium window with the mouse and then holding the control key while at the same time tapping the minus key ("-") on the keypad to decrease the zoom level. This will zoom out the site displayed.

The main chromium system window should be resizable by placing the cursor on the lower left corner of the window and left clicking and then dragging it to the size you want on your screen.

...of course all this applies to the 14.04 trusty thar development version... If your using a different version it may be different.

cheers,
        bill
        Last edited by bweinel; Apr 16, 2014, 12:39 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

please look at the screenshot and read what I'm writing. My problem is not with a zoomed page. Of course I could / can make the content smaller by either pressing strg+minus or strg+mousewhee eldown. But thats not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is that chrome is much too big all together. the icons are too big, the text (of the browser, not only of the content on a page) is too big, and all the ui elements are so big that the adress bar has nearly vanished. just look at the system window bar at the top, that is the normal desktop size, and the browser below is just comically big in comparison.

Comment

Sorry... Its hard to tell without the desktop window to put it in perspective.

I think your problem may actually be related to the following bugs which were reported today:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...r/+bug/1307717
            https://launchpad.net/bugs/1308310

I beleive your issue is related to aura being enabled per bug 1308310 above. I'm running Version 34.0.1847.116 Ubuntu 14.04 aura (260972) under trusty but am currently unable to duplicate your issue here.

cheers,
            bill
            Last edited by bweinel; Apr 16, 2014, 01:03 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

You're right, a screenshot including the desktop would have been better showing the bug.
              Here's a screenshot that includes the desktop and a window of google chrome installed seperatly
              Click image for larger version

Name:	chromium-too-large_compared-to-chrome.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	640728,
              Last edited by kaefert; Apr 16, 2014, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X