This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KSnapshot won't open using print screen button

I can't get KSnapshot to open by pressing PrintScreen. It used to work on 13.04, not sure if I had to change the default then (don't think so) but it's really bugging me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot.png
Views:	1
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	648083

The key is mapped correctly... so why isn't it opening? KSnapshot is installed and works fine if I open it from the Kickoff menu.

Feathers
    samhobbs.co.uk

I tried to reproduce this. My saucy is a VirtualBox guest. When I press the Prt Scr button on my keyboard my host's (precise) Ksnapshot launches. I tried the same in my OpenSuse guest and got the same results. I figured the fact that this might be an issue with my host keyboard interacting with my guest, so I tried to use a virtual keyboard. The virtual keyboard, kvkbd, did not have a Prt Scr button, so I installed Onboard onscreen keyboard which had a full keyboard layout. I'd rather use kvkbd, but I couldn't figure out how to get the full keyboard layout with the print key. Using Onboard I pressed the print key and Ksnapshot opened.

I'm not sure if this is a valid test, so I did some googling and found a recent bug report.
    PrtScrn button does not produce screenshot in kubuntu saucy

I checked my settings in my host vs guest and they are correct.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for spending so much time looking into that for me!

That bug report is exactly the same behaviour I'm seeing - I changed the shortcut key to pause and KSnapshot opens fine now!

That'll do it for now, I wasn't using the pause key for anything before.

Weird!
      samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X