This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunderbird 17.0. Unable to Save Composed Email into Drafts folder

TB has been installed and used for well over a year on my current system. Today was the first day I tried to use the Drafts folder. It looked like it saved, but nothing was found in the Drafts folder. Some online research revealed that I didn't have it set up correctly Edit/Account Settings/Copies & folders/Drafts and Templates. It was saving to Trash on Local Folders so I corrected this by citing the "Drafts" folder on: [my email address]. I thought is was fixed. Apparently not. Now I get the error message:

There was an error saving the message to Drafts. Retry?

Well Retry never works. I guess the most basic question is: what's the difference between the folders under my email address and the ones under Local Folders?

How do I fix this issue so drafts are saved in Drafts under my email address? My inbox is under my email address and that's where all my new email comes in. So why doesn't the Drafts folder work too?
    "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

I've just updated Thunderbird to 17.02 so may not be identical to yours. I am using Thunderbird with gmail IMAP.

I changed my drafts folder to Local Folders because I found that the autosaving of the drafts to my email folders online via imap was too slow. The Local Folders are just that, they are only on your PC and nothing is uploaded to the email server when you save drafts. I have also placed my Local Folders on my other hard drive so I can use them for archiving a backup of my email.

My settings are:

Copies & Folders/Drafts and Templates

"Drafts" Folder on: Local Folders

This might be helpful: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...f=39&t=2634125
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Working...
    X