This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I broke Kmail after upgrade to 4.9.2

This is my fault, BTW. The upgrade went smoothly but I tried to fix a minor error.

So, I upgraded and I was getting an annoying, though minor, error message. While fiddling around, I deleted an IMAP folder within Kmail on my Gmail account--I received a warning and deleted the folder; foolishly as it turns out.

After that, I cannot download any gmail emails and I get the following error:

"Unable to append item flags"

OK, so I apt-get remove --purge kmail && apt-get install kmail and try again--same error. I also noticed my user account information was intact; however, I think that is the problem, something is corrupted in my user account settings.

I tried to set up my live.com email, but I get an error saying it is an unknown collection.

I was contemplating removing kontact, but I would really just like to purge the settings to it is "out of the box." Is this possible?

Log out of KDE. When you see the login screen, press [Ctrl]+[Alt]+F2 to switch to a TTY console. Log in with your regular user ID and password. Then:
    Code:
    rm -rfv ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail2/
    rm -rfv ~/.kde/share/config/kmail*
    rm -rfv ~/.local/share/akonadi/
    rm -rfv ~/.config/akonadi/
    rm -rfv ~/.kde/share/config/akonadi*
    Logout. Press [Ctrl]+[Alt]+F7, which brings you to the graphical login manager. Log in. The commence reconfiguring KMail.

Comment

SetveReily,

That did it! Everything works.

Thanks!

Comment

My pleasure. Glad it's working for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
          Log out of KDE. When you see the login screen, press [Ctrl]+[Alt]+F2 to switch to a TTY console. Log in with your regular user ID and password. Then:
          Code:
          rm -rfv ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail2/
          rm -rfv ~/.kde/share/config/kmail*
          rm -rfv ~/.local/share/akonadi/
          rm -rfv ~/.config/akonadi/
          rm -rfv ~/.kde/share/config/akonadi*
          Logout. Press [Ctrl]+[Alt]+F7, which brings you to the graphical login manager. Log in. The commence reconfiguring KMail.
          This hint totally saved my backside!
          I did not find a way to use kmail on Debian Jessie, and even tried to change my mail client after... don't know, 10 years? - but now I could get back.
          Although this thread is old:
          Thank you very much!

Addendum: Oops, it seems this has deleted all my knotes content. (But then, it was kind of an eternal write-only note.)
          Handle with care...

Ciao,
          Eike

Comment

Working...
          X