X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apps autorun for activities

Hi, all!
    How i can make autorun for some programs in each activity?

i have Kubuntu 11.10 and KDE 4.8.00

You mean, when you start an activity, some selected programs autostart with it?

And you know that activities normally stay running but can be explicitly stopped and restarted via the Activities Manager - I assume this is what you're talking about.

I have to say I have stopped using activities because, while they are logical in principle, I find them much less easy to use than virtual desktops, and I haven't found anything they offer that virtual desktops don't. (Although this is practically heresy in the KDE world!)

Still, I think that if you start an activity, open some apps in it, and then stop the activity, those apps will be stopped (closed) and will reopen when you restart the activity. ... I think. Try it and report back...

However, the idea of activities isn't necessarily to run different apps in each activity, but to work on different documents, pages, etc in each - so you could have browser pages and office documents open in multiple activities. Bear that in mind when looking at what actually happens.
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Thank you for your answer, but i need something else, something that you said in fourth paragraph)

My activities based on my daily actions. A have different activities such as "Internet", "Music", "Study", "Organize", "Games".
      When i start an activity i must click on app icon to open window. I need to automate this action. I mean that, for example, it is very uncomfortable to open "QJackCtl", "QSynth" and "KMix" when i open the "Music" activity. Why i must do 3 clicks when i can do 1? I just want to play music on my piano.

*nota bene: sorry my English, pleace)
      Last edited by anTG; Feb 11, 2012, 08:11 PM.

Comment

It may help, it may not, but here is a very good video showing Activities in 4.8: http://blip.tv/ubuntu-switcher/kde-s...vities-5951171
        ​"Keep it between the ditches"
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by anTG View Post
          Thank you for your answer, but i need something else, something that you said in fourth paragraph)

My activities based on my daily actions. A have different activities such as "Internet", "Music", "Study", "Organize", "Games".
          When i start an activity i must click on app icon to open window. I need to automate this action. I mean that, for example, it is very uncomfortable to open "QJackCtl", "QSynth" and "KMix" when i open the "Music" activity. Why i must do 3 clicks when i can do 1? I just want to play music on my piano.

*nota bene: sorry my English, pleace)
          How about writing a script to run all those programs e.g.
          Code:
          #! /bin/bash

qjackctl
          qsynth
          kmix
          then place a shortcut of that script to the desktop of the Music activity? It would run them all in a single click.
          Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

thx, it is that what i want)

Comment

Working...
            X