Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6.06 will not see my partitions / qtparted -: critical error during ped_disk_new

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.06 will not see my partitions / qtparted -: critical error during ped_disk_new

I have my 200 gig sata drive divide this way, this was done months ago on breezy. But since then I had to reinstall windows several times and have not been back on kubuntu. but all  the partitions are still there.

20 gigs ntfs windows xp
    40 gigs fat32 games
    120 gigs fat32 storage

10 gig /root
    5 gig / home
    rest /swap

but dapper will not see a single partition again all it sees is the 200gig drive.

You have to have windows in first to have linux see the linux and windows.

so what do I do.

When I booted into linux and then click on install. was a few error but made it to the partition screen.

Picked manual and did not show me any of the already made partitions.

again

what do I do.

thanks all in advance for any help

Re: 6.06 will not see my partitions

I wonder if your installation disk or CD drive are defective? Can you read other CDs on the same machine?

Comment

Originally posted by alrac
      I wonder if your installation disk or CD drive are defective? Can you read other CDs on the same machine?
      Everything works fine in XP. I see all fat32 partition.

Part240 partitioning tools see's all the partition.

Just kubuntu see the 200gig sata drive as a 200 gig sata drive.

It has nothing to do with the cd drive. its kubuntu not seeing the partition at all.

Comment

Ok, just saved everything and went ahead with an install. after the system booted into the boot disk of kubuntu dapper I clicked on the install button.

before I got to choose what partitions where what, it seem to find most of them. I get this error
        from qtparted "critical error during ped_disk_new!"

what does this means, it happens twice. then I pick the partitions or swap / and home then another error. seems qtparted didn't work.

any suggustions.....

Comment

Re: 6.06 will not see my partitions / qtparted -: critical error during ped_disk

i have the same problem when i boot with kubuntu and click on install and get to the part where is says earse entire disk or manual, when i click on manual my partitions doesnt appear on and btw i have ntfs partition which windows is installed on.

Comment

Re: 6.06 will not see my partitions / qtparted -: critical error during ped_disk

Originally posted by haani
            i have the same problem when i boot with kubuntu and click on install and get to the part where is says earse entire disk or manual, when i click on manual my partitions doesnt appear on and btw i have ntfs partition which windows is installed on.
            If you click next/continue what ever it is, you will see all the partitions.

Comment

Working...
            X