I hate waiting , so here we go:

1. Remove current libreoffice
    Code:
    sudo apt-get purge libreoffice*
    2. Download libreoffice 3.4
    Code:
    cd ~/Downloads
    #32bit
    wget [url]http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/stable/3.4.0/deb/x86/LibO_3.4.0_Linux_x86_install-deb_en-US.tar.gz[/url]
    #64bit
    wget [url]http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/stable/3.4.0/deb/x86_64/LibO_3.4.0_Linux_x86-64_install-deb_en-US.tar.gz[/url]
    3. Extract & Install
    Code:
    tar xzf LibO*.tar.gz
    cd LibO*/DEBS
    sudo dpkg -i *.deb
    cd desktop-integration
    sudo dpkg -i *.deb
    If you're using oxygen-gtk style, you'll get gnome-ish appearance instead of oxygen.

[img width=400 height=284]http://i.imgur.com/3WU35.jpg[/img]

You can easily fix this by removing libstdc++.so & libcairo.so installed by libreoffice.
    Code:
    ubuntuku@satellite:~$ sudo updatedb
    ubuntuku@satellite:~$ locate libstdc++.so | grep libreoffice
    /opt/libreoffice3.4/ure/lib/libstdc++.so.6
    ubuntuku@satellite:~$ sudo mv /opt/libreoffice3.4/ure/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /opt/libreoffice3.4/ure/lib/libstdc++.so.6.bak
    ubuntuku@satellite:~$ locate libcairo.so | grep libreoffice
    /opt/libreoffice3.4/basis3.4/program/libcairo.so.2
    ubuntuku@satellite:~$ sudo mv /opt/libreoffice3.4/basis3.4/program/libcairo.so.2 /opt/libreoffice3.4/basis3.4/program/libcairo.so.2.bak
    [img width=400 height=284]http://i.imgur.com/E8tye.jpg[/img]
    ASROCK Z87 Pro4 - i5 4670K - R9 270x ☞ Triple Boot: KDE NEON ★ Windows 10 ★ Windows 7

Re: Kubuntu Natty: How to Install Latest LibreOffice (3.4.0) Final

Hey, thanks a bunch. I hated the way Libreoffice looked when I installed it the other day. Now it's all good! Too bad the people over at Libreoffice couldn't make it integrate better with KDE.

Thanks

Comment

I am sure that will come., if we wait they will integrate it!

Comment

Well they have now released Libreoffice 3.4.2 and still there is no KDE integration . I ended up using the steps by ubuntuku to get menus and text acceptable. Thanks very much from one who has to prepare presentations in a M$ world.

Comment

Don't know what's happened to the ppa - it now is way, way behind.

Downloaded 3.4.2 last night and followed ubuntuku's instructions above and it looks very nice. Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by NoWorries
            Well they have now released Libreoffice 3.4.2 and still there is no KDE integration . I ended up using the steps by ubuntuku to get menus and text acceptable. Thanks very much from one who has to prepare presentations in a M$ world.
            I think that the kde integration happens outside of LO, as in it is done by the distros themselves, or they fix/patch whatever LO releases in this area. I don't care either way what the gui looks like, but the filepicker is atrocious to me, the KDE one is much better to use.

Comment

Im still using OpenOffice

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr
                Im still using OpenOffice
                What's holding you back?

Comment

Libre office - when I installed 11.04 initially - didn't look as good, didn't work as well (and there one other problem I can't recall at the moment) as OpenOffice at the time so I dumped it and installed the real deal.

I really can't see a reason to change at this point and I'm a little miffed that someone decided it would be "cute" to use the openoffice name to install libreoffice from the repos. I don't like deception...

Please Read Me

Comment

Check out the Wikipedia pages on OpenOffice, LibreOffice, and The Document Foundation. Alas, the politics brewing in the open-source office suite community seem to be fracturing what could have been a credible alternative to the world's current de-facto standard...

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh
                      Originally posted by NoWorries
                      I think that the kde integration happens outside of LO, as in it is done by the distros themselves, or they fix/patch whatever LO releases in this area. I don't care either way what the gui looks like, but the filepicker is atrocious to me, the KDE one is much better to use.
                      I agree that the file open is atrocious. However I hardly ever use it, since I am sent .doc, .docx and ppt files which are opened by Libreoffice 3.4.2 without any problem. I have also found that all the ppt files that I have are now opened successfully by 3.4.2. That is, text, animations and equations are at last correctly executed positioned . I would rather have all this working properly than worry about the file open menu. I normally use Dophin to open files.

Comment

Working...
                      X