This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to check if my CPU supports sse2 sse3

The reason I want to know this is to install or at least 'try' to install mac osx. I used the command:
    Code:
    cat /proc/cpuinfo
    However when i looked for anything regarding "sse" i didn't find anything unless it is a different term that i am not aware of.
    If anyone knows how to check if a linux-based pc supports sse2 or sse3 let me know. thanks in advance.

Re: How to check if my CPU supports sse2 sse3

vinny@desktop:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep flags
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe constant_tsc pebs bts pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl cid xtpr
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe constant_tsc pebs bts pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl cid xtpr
    vinny@desktop:~$
    if you dident see it it's not thare

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Just figured out if my linux based pc meets the sse2 and/or sse3 requirements to install MAC OsX. If anybody was thinking of triple booting, that is, booting in either Windows,Linux or Mac, the list of compatible processors can be found here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2. However i still am unsure of how to properly find out how to check if my processor supports sse2 or sse3 using the linux Konsole/Terminal. If anybody knows feel free to share, if not its okay because i found out what i needed to know. If anyone was thinking of installing mac check the wiki. Thanks.

Comment

Thank Vinny! I didn't see that at all. Also do you know if its possible to skip sse3? I checked my info and i saw sse sse2 and sse4a but i don't know if that means it does or doesn't support sse3. thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
        X