This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] ibus does not work in Open Office

so, ibus does not work in open office 3.1.1.

I already added...

export GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus
    export XMODIFIERS=@im=ibus
    export QT_IM_MODULE=ibus

...to the .bashrc file.

even still it just informs me that there is "No Input Window"

any suggestions?
    thanks for any help...
    &quot;Your doctrines are grandiose but useless, that is why no one accepts them.&quot; Hui Tzu<br />____________ __ __ __ __ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ <br />AMD Phenom II x4 940 Denab 3.708Ghz Black Edition<br />XFX NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 710MHz<br />G.SKILL 2x2GB DDR2<br />Kubuntu 9.10....&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; ....oh and w7 for games

Re: ibus does not work in Open Office

Is the ibus daemon starting it with XIM support enabled? The file /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/ibus should start like so;

Code:
    XIM=ibus
    XIM_PROGRAM=/usr/bin/ibus-daemon
    XIM_ARGS="--xim"
    Try restarting the daemon manually and then starting OpenOffice.

Code:
    $ killall ibus-daemon
    $ ibus-daemon -xd
    $ soffice &
    KDE, I heart thee.

Comment

Code:
      XIM=ibus
      XIM_PROGRAM=/usr/bin/ibus-daemon
      XIM_ARGS="--xim"
      if [ -e /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/*/immodules/im-ibus.so ]; then
        GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus
      else
        GTK_IM_MODULE=xim
      fi

if [ -e /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/inputmethods/libqtim-ibus.so ]; then
      	QT_IM_MODULE=ibus
      else
      	QT_IM_MODULE=xim
      fi
      DEPENDS="ibus, ibus-gtk, ibus-qt4"
      # vim:ft=sh:
      this is my ibus file(unedited)

this is what I get when I type ibus-deamon -xrv
      Code:
      (ibus-daemon:7675): IBUS-DEBUG: From ::1.1 to :1.3, Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed : Can not get value [engine/PinYin->ShuangPinSchema]
      (ibus-daemon:7675): IBUS-DEBUG: From ::1.1 to :1.3, Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed : Can not get value [engine/PinYin->FuzzyPinYin]
      (ibus-daemon:7675): IBUS-DEBUG: From ::1.1 to :1.3, Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed : Can not get value [engine/PinYin->AutoCorrect]
      (ibus-daemon:7675): IBUS-DEBUG: From ::1.1 to :1.3, Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed : Can not get value [engine/PinYin->SpellCheck]
      (ibus-daemon:7675): IBUS-DEBUG: From ::1.1 to :1.3, Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed : Can not get value [engine/PinYin->PageSize]
      (ibus-daemon:7675): IBUS-DEBUG: From ::1.1 to :1.3, Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed : Can not get value [engine/PinYin->SupportGBK]
      (ibus-daemon:7675): IBUS-DEBUG: From ::1.1 to :1.3, Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed : Can not get value [engine/PinYin->ShuangPin]
      (ibus-daemon:7675): IBUS-DEBUG: From ::1.1 to :1.3, Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed : Can not get value [engine/PinYin->PhraseColor]
      (ibus-daemon:7675): IBUS-DEBUG: From ::1.1 to :1.3, Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed : Can not get value [engine/PinYin->NewPhraseColor]
      (ibus-daemon:7675): IBUS-DEBUG: From ::1.1 to :1.3, Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed : Can not get value [engine/PinYin->UserPhraseColor]
      (ibus-daemon:7675): IBUS-DEBUG: From ::1.1 to :1.3, Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed : Can not get value [engine/PinYin->SpecialPhraseColor]
      (ibus-daemon:7675): IBUS-DEBUG: From ::1.1 to :1.3, Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed : Can not get value [engine/PinYin->EnglishPhraseColor]
      (ibus-daemon:7675): IBUS-DEBUG: From ::1.1 to :1.3, Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed : Can not get value [engine/PinYin->ErrorEnglishPhraseColor]
      (ibus-daemon:7675): IBUS-DEBUG: From ::1.1 to :1.3, Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed : Can not get value [engine/PinYin->UVToTemp]
      (ibus-daemon:7675): IBUS-DEBUG: From ::1.1 to :1.3, Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed : Can not get value [engine/PinYin->ShiftSelectCandidates]
      (ibus-daemon:7675): IBUS-DEBUG: From ::1.1 to :1.3, Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed : Can not get value [engine/PinYin->CommaPageDownUp]
      (ibus-daemon:7675): IBUS-DEBUG: From ::1.1 to :1.3, Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed : Can not get value [engine/PinYin->EqualPageDownUp]
      (ibus-daemon:7675): IBUS-DEBUG: From ::1.1 to :1.3, Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed : Can not get value [engine/PinYin->AutoCommit]
      (ibus-daemon:7675): IBUS-DEBUG: From ::1.1 to :1.3, Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed : Can not get value [engine/PinYin->HalfPunctuations]
      /usr/share/ibus/ui/gtk/candidatepanel.py:193: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
       self.__tooltips = gtk.Tooltips()
      /usr/share/ibus/ui/gtk/candidatepanel.py:243: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
       self.__tooltips.set_tip(self.__aux_label, "Aux string")
      /usr/share/ibus/ui/gtk/candidatepanel.py:262: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
       self.__tooltips.set_tip(self.__prev_button, "Previous page")
      /usr/share/ibus/ui/gtk/candidatepanel.py:267: DeprecationWarning: Use the new widget gtk.Tooltip
       self.__tooltips.set_tip(self.__next_button, "Next page")
      although it usually starts at startup since i added ibus-daemon -d to the startup programs(not sure why it didn't this time)
      but now that I did the -xrv arguemnt it seems to start just fine with ibus-daemon -d.

still "No Input Window" in Open Office

EDIT: or kate...
      EDIT:
      /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/*/immodules/im-ibus.so does not seem to exist here(no folder "*").. it is here... /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules/im-ibus.so

Is this a problem?
      &quot;Your doctrines are grandiose but useless, that is why no one accepts them.&quot; Hui Tzu<br />____________ __ __ __ __ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ <br />AMD Phenom II x4 940 Denab 3.708Ghz Black Edition<br />XFX NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 710MHz<br />G.SKILL 2x2GB DDR2<br />Kubuntu 9.10....&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; ....oh and w7 for games

Comment

Code:
        $ ibus-daemon -xd
        $ soffice &
        Awesome...
        so.. it worked.. I also changed that file location(probably unnecessarily).

do I need to run the "ibus-daemon -xd" plus "soffice &" commands every time I need to type in OO? How do I get it to work without terminal finagling?

Comment

If you set it up to use ibus as the default input method, it should start automatically upon login. Have you set it to ibus via im-switch?

Code:
          $ im-switch -c
          There should be an ibus option to pick. Prepend the command with sudo to change the system-wide setting. If you want to set it to a specific locale, make it 'im-switch -z lang_LANG -c', where lang_LANG is the language code of the locale in question. See 'im-switch -l' (that's an L) for some general information.

If your locale is all_ALL (like mine is, for some reason), im-switch won't have an ibus option to pick. I don't know a neat workaround except by manually editing the list that specifies what entries should be there.

After doing this you won't need your .bashrc entries anymore; it should start the ibus daemon automatically. Just log out and back in again.

One thing you'll notice is that the panel will be started before KDE has had time to establish the Qtcurve GTK theming, so it will look very grey and ugly. NONE of the common input methods (SCIM, UIM, now IBus) have Qt4 panels/helpers, which is sad.
          KDE, I heart thee.

Comment

Code:
            #
            # This configuration provides default IM setting (user edittable)
            # See im-switch(8) and /usr/share/doc/im-switch/README.Debian .

#
            # Define IM for traditional X application with XIM
            #
            # XIM server name used for XMODIFIERS="@im=$XIM"
            # XIM program /path/filename
            # XIM program command line arguments
            #
            # These were traditional setting before uim and scim for CJK languages
            # Language  LC_CTYPE   XIM server XMODIFIERS       Start key
            # Japanese  ja_JP*    kinput2  "@im=kinput2"      Shift-Space
            # Korean   ko_KR*    ami    "@im=Ami"        Shift-Space
            # Chinese(T) zh_TW.Big5  xcin    "@im=xcin-zh_TW.big5"  Ctrl-Space
            # Chinese(S) zh_CN.GB2312 xcin    "@im=xcin-zh_CN.GB2312" Ctrl-Space
            # 
            XIM=
            XIM_PROGRAM=
            XIM_ARGS=
            XIM_PROGRAM_XTRA=
            # Set following variable to non-zero string if program set itself as deamon
            XIM_PROGRAM_SETS_ITSELF_AS_DAEMON=
            #
            # Define GTK and QT IM module
            #  They may or may not be using xim as the IM.
            #
            GTK_IM_MODULE=
            QT_IM_MODULE=

#
            # Define lists of packages neded for above IM to function
            #
            DEPENDS=

#
            # Define X start up hook script to update IM environment
            #
            so here is my all_ALL file.. what am I supposed to add?

Thanks for the help This is kind of ridiculous....

EDIT:
            Never mind.. By system wide I thought "permanent"(I let my stupid show)
            Now it all works beautifully, thank you, I can now converse or compose in Chinese or Japanese...

actually is there an Arabic addon for Ibus? I could probably use that to. I did not see it in the repos..

Comment

For Arabic, I think you want ibus-m17n. I assume it's using the same m17n-lib as scim-m17n does, for which you can refer to this list for the languages it supports.

Now I'm just guessing, though.
              KDE, I heart thee.

Comment

oh.. yeah I had already installed that and it installed libm17n-0 with it. I guess I just needed the m17n-db and m17n-docs packages. It works now... with tons of input options.. thanks for all the help

Comment

Working...
                X