This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] kdesudo errors on login?

Just did a fresh install of 9.10 on intel 64 bit, and all seems to be going OK, except whenever I log in I get a dozen of these error messages:

Code:
    No command arguments supplied!
    Usage: kdesudo [-u <runas>] <command>
    KdeSudo will now exit...

Anyone else? It's pretty short on details to even begin to figure out what's going on...
    Dont pretend you havent noticed my cardboard box, Julia, because I know you have!

Re: kdesudo errors on login?

Those kind of errors are usually caused by using resume last session (configurable via SystemSettings>Advanced>SessionManagement), and having kdesudo processes (applications started as root) running when you log out from KDE.

To get rid of the errors, you can either:
    1. Switch Session management to "start with a new session"
    2. Make sure there are no kdesudo processes running when you logout.

Comment

I had a similar problem when I first installed KK and no matter how many times I manually saved the session I would still get those errors. I ultimately had to hand edit ~/.kde/share/config/ksmserverrc and remove the references that contained the kdesudo entries. It seems like a bug in KK.

Comment

Originally posted by tnorris
        I had a similar problem when I first installed KK and no matter how many times I manually saved the session I would still get those errors. I ultimately had to hand edit ~/.kde/share/config/ksmserverrc and remove the references that contained the kdesudo entries. It seems like a bug in
        Definitely a bug, yes.

Did you try checking the process list and killing all kdesudo processes before saving the session. Otherwise the (any running) processes might have been saved with the session.

Comment

Solved -- thanks all.
          Dont pretend you havent noticed my cardboard box, Julia, because I know you have!

Comment

Working...
          X