This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to run VMware Player

So from my previous post I fixed my install of VMware player and got it running. ( I had to go through and find all the previous installed files and delete them and install again)

So now it opened and I was so excited and then I realized I have no idea how to use it.

Basicly what I'm looking for is the ability to run my XP partion in kubuntu to run my windows programs like flash 8 and CorelDraw, etc... and not have to re-boot to get to them. Is that what this is going to do?

Re: How to run VMware Player

Take a look at:
    http://www.starrhorse.com/kubuntu-hacks/#test_OS

and see if that helps.  If not, post back! 

Comment

The post tells me how to open another linux OS but how do I find a way to do it with windows XP?

Comment

Alright, so I uninstalled all of the files for my VMware Player and found a tutorial on VMware server. I decided to install that instead. I got it running and went to install Windows XP off of my install disc like the tutorial said. I liked what I saw as it was loading up, but here's my problem, let me start from the beginning...

Weeks ago when I first installed Kubuntu from the live CD, before all of this, I was using windows XP on my computer. I partitioned my Windows XP computer for a 6gb Linux partition as the minimum that was suggested on the install tutorial. Now, when I ran VMware server and created the virtual windows, it tried to install windows on this 6gb partition and ran out of room.

Now here is what I wanted to do. I wanted to use VMware server to run my already installed XP partition inside of kubuntu. Is this possible? and if so how?

Comment

Working...
        X