Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way backup all Kubuntu automatically to any cloud system like drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] Is there any way backup all Kubuntu automatically to any cloud system like drive?

I want to backup my ssd to any cloud system automatically.I mean I dont want select a folder or a file, instead of it, I want to back-up all ssd contains kubuntu operating system.How can I backup the system to a cloud system like google drive ?

You've raised a problematic issue. You want the clone, not created file by file or folder by folder but all at once, to be bootable, including EFI partitions, when it restored to bare SSD equal or larger in size and not lose data. AND, you want the destination to be a cloud drive like Google Drive. And you want to clone or restore with a single command or push of a button.

Clonezilla or fsarchiver, both in the repository, probably aren't what you want. You might google search for Macrium or other commercial ($) software that may be able to do what you want.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

clonezilla will certainly work to capture the entirety of the SSD. If you just want to back your home profile you can use dropbox, which has a native linux client. I use this script in a cron that runs daily on my laptop. I exclude a collection of extraneous stuff to keep the file size down.

Code:
      tar --exclude='*.iso' --exclude='*.dropbox-dist' --exclude='*Dropbox' --exclude='*Trash' --exclude='*Install' --exclude='*cache' --exclude='*Cache' --exclude='*google-chrome' --exclude='*VirtualBox' --exclude='VirtualBox VMs' -cvf ~/Dropbox/JnL\ Files/James/jwrober-backup.tar.gz ~/.
      enjoy

Comment

Yes. you can. there is a software called MegaSync that allows you to backup data real time to cloud

https://megasync.top/

The free version is about few GBs.

However, the premium version gives more volume in the cloud drive

Comment

I used MEGA for cloud storage several years ago. It worked great. You can create private folders that are accessible only via a browser. It syncs with a designated folder in your home account. What ever you drag into that folder gets uploaded to the MEGA cloud. If you delete something from that folder it gets deleted from the cloud. Kim DotCom created it after the US shut down his Hong Kong Megaupload site in 2012, claiming "copy right violations".

I signed onto MEGAsync when that application was released for Linux in 2014. I used it until I installed BTRFS and kept my own backups instant, and in realtime with a RW snapshotl. Condensing @home into @ made it a lot easier and quicker to take snapshots and to backup or restore.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

First time poster, replying to a 6 month old post, and being able to attach a link on their first post either means we have to reconfigure the settings, else we have a possible spam post?
            Sorry if I am wrong, but it does look fishy.

Especially this gem:

https://megasync.top/about/

Does not seem to actually be related to Mega itself.

Comment

I considered that, but since I had used it in the past and was pleased with it I posted my experience with it. IF I wasn't using BTRFS I'd still be using it. However, at the time I was using it, the offer was for 25GB "Free" with a temporary "gift" of an additional 25GB, giving a total of 50Gb. The most I ever stored there was around 35GB. I especially liked the drag & drop operation using Dolphin.

I got curious about Kim Dotcom himself because I knew the US was trying to extradite him in 2013. It turns out that eight years later they are still trying. All for doing what Facebook and YT and others do right now.

Comment

I don't think that 'megasync.TOP' is actually an official Mega website.

We MEGAsync team is ensuring that technology is one of the most significant aspect for our daily lifestyle and have designed this MEGAsync.top website. Especially, this is a informative platform for useful tech tips and news.

Our customer service will help you to clarify the doubts in your mind regarding our website content. Therefore, we invite you to share your concerns with the ”Contact Us” details mentioned here.

Comment

MEGAsync was the application I installed on my Kubuntu system in 2014 to engage the MEGA cloud, which is at mega.nz. MEGAsync.top is merely a GUI to offer the download of mega.nz's desktop application.

MEGAsync is one of the best applications developed by Mega.nz to easily synchronize files and folder between your computer and your Mega cloud account.
                  :~$ nslookup mega.nz
                  Server: 127.0.0.53
                  Address: 127.0.0.53#53

Non-authoritative answer:
                  Name: mega.nz
                  Address: 89.44.169.135
                  Name: mega.nz
                  Address: 2001:678:25c:2215::553

jerry@jerryAspire-V3-771:~$ whois 89.44.169.135
                  % This is the RIPE Database query service.

% Information related to '89.44.169.128 - 89.44.169.143'

% Abuse contact for '89.44.169.128 - 89.44.169.143' is 'abuse@mega.nz'

inetnum: 89.44.169.128 - 89.44.169.143
                  netname: MEGA_LIMITED
                  descr: MEGA LIMITED
                  admin-c: DTT24611-RIPE
                  tech-c: DTT24611-RIPE
                  abuse-c: ML20898-RIPE
                  mnt-by: DATACENTER-MNT
                  created: 2019-02-01T09:10:56Z
                  last-modified: 2019-02-01T09:10:56Z
                  source: RIPE

% This query was served by the RIPE Database Query Service version 1.99 (WAGYU)

When you click on the MEGAsync.top "Download" button the link is: https://mega.nz/sync

Their ".top" site just avoids the graphics and complexity associated with their main MEGA site: https://mega.io/sync

mega.io points to the same IP block:
                  $ nslookup mega.io
                  Server: 127.0.0.53
                  Address: 127.0.0.53#53

Non-authoritative answer:
                  Name: mega.io
                  Address: 89.44.169.139

I'm not saying that the OP isn't a drive-by poster of financial products. It could have been a bot from Kim Dotcom himself!
                  I am saying that, in my experience, MEGAsync works great and the MEGA cloud is equally great. And, as I said, if I wasn't running BTRFS I'd still be using it, as apposed to Google Cloud, for example.

Comment

I might add that given the current financial situation world wide, caused by the reaction to Covid, KFN might, in the future, have to depend on ads to support it. A MEGA ad would be a good start.

Comment

The WEBSITE linked to does not seem to be a legit mega.nz website.

Re-read that 'about us' page I linked to, again. Worse writing than me, even. Def. not from Mega themselves.

megasync.top
                      https://www.whois.com/whois/megasync.top

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                        The WEBSITE linked to does not seem to be a legit mega.nz website.

Re-read that 'about us' page I linked to, again. Worse writing than me, even. Def. not from Mega themselves.

megasync.top
                        https://www.whois.com/whois/megasync.top
                        Ya, megasync.top is hosted on cloudflare BUT the link triggered by their "Download" button takes you to here: https://mega.io/sync
                        Which is the download page on the MEGA cloud webpage, https://mega.io
                        The package control in the download states
                        Package: megasync
                        Version: 4.3.8-1.1
                        Architecture: amd64
                        Maintainer: MEGA Linux Team <linux@mega.co.nz>
                        Installed-Size: 37588
                        Going to mega.co.nz redirects you to mega.io, which is the MEGA cloud's "Create an Account" page.
                        There, I can use the download button on that page to download the version of MEGAsync for Ubuntu 20.04, which is megasync-xUbuntu_20.10_amd64.deb

It's not a scam, Claydoh.

Comment

The website itself is suspect still IMO.
                          And the post. Why post a link to a fairly young and poorly set up website that hides its info (unlike the real Mega websites).

Just saying.

The software is legit of course but this website is s*** bogus.

And new users are not supposed to be able to post links in their first post unless something has changed or there are "exploits" to get around this. ( There are)

Hopefully the author will show up and reply to their necropost.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X