Web cam replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web cam replacement

I have a logitek web cam which seems to have given up the ghost. Would anyone care to suggest a new replacement which would require minimal hassle to install. I'm running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS on a desk top. (Intending to update to latest LTS offering when this expires). Would appreciate any suggestion. Thanks

herby69, I'm under the impression that Logitech web cams (or Logitech anything) is a safe, good choice for Kubuntu. It's all I've ever used on three PCs now. I find that 'it just works.'
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

They're a bit hard to find right now. It's like everyone started making sourdough bread and buying webcams, all at the same time. But I have a Logitech C270 that works fine for Zoom sessions. It would probably work for other things, but that's about all I care about.
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
        They're a bit hard to find right now. It's like everyone started making sourdough bread and buying webcams, all at the same time. But I have a Logitech C270 that works fine for Zoom sessions. It would probably work for other things, but that's about all I care about.
        Thank you jglen490 and Qqmike. Looks like I'll have to be patient until the current crisis abates. In the meantime I'll make do with an old one borrowed from a grandson. At least that has confirmed that Kubuntu can cope with a web cam and also that my current one is knackered. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X