Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get tapping on touchpad on Ideapad s340 14IIL?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] How to get tapping on touchpad on Ideapad s340 14IIL?

Installed Kubuntu on Ideapad s340 14IIL 10gen i5.
    Touchpad works, but only basic actions. Tapping doesn't work. The screenshot would show what I mean. I am used to tapping in Windows 10, so I try to tap here too. Any help will be highly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Odd, we have the exact same touch pad, my laptop is an IdeaPad FLEX-15IIL with the same CPU

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200528_181031.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	644778

I am on KDE Neon, but I don't recall anything out of the ordinary in this regard when I had 20.04 on it for a few days.

Comment

How did you install Linux? Did you disable secure boot? I didn't. RST driver is uninstalled. AHCI driver is on. Is there anything, I should change in bios?
      Last edited by Chdslv; May 29, 2020, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chdslv View Post
        How did you install Linux? Did you disable secure boot? I didn't. RST driver is uninstalled. AHCI driver is on. Is there anything, I should change in bios?
        I have secure boot enabled and I installed Linux via standard iso images.

I don't have any bios options that would affect this, though I do have fast boot or quick reboot turned off in Windows. RST is of course disabled, that is kinda necessary.

I'll have to look when I get home, boot to the installer for both Kubuntu 20.04 and Neon and see if there is a difference somehow.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

I just got it working. Tapping works. Used the knowledge here, https://askubuntu.com/questions/1087...e-tap-to-click
          Thanks to the user887067 there.

Comment

Hmm. I literally just booted to 20.04, and saw the same disabled settings as yours, and was going to find out what the differences between my neon (18.04 based) are to 20.04, maybe I installed something that 'enabled' the settings. I had been playing with getting the touchscreen to have more functionality, so maybe something I did via xinput 'enabled' this on my end

But after going to a live neon session, the setting is available out of the box, so it seems to be a quirk on 20.04. I'll bookmark this for when Neon migrates to 20.04, but I'll use the xinput method, which does not involve creating and maintaining an xorg.conf file.

Glad you figured it out!!

Comment

What might be the the xinput method?

Comment

The answer below the one in your askubuntu link, mostly

Comment

If you would like to have many more options for your touchpad, you can install the Synaptics touchpad driver (sudo apt install xserver-xorg-input-synaptics).
                  Works perfect both with my MacBook Pro and the Lenovo laptop of my former boss without editing or adding any configuration files
                  Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; May 30, 2020, 06:51 PM.
                  Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
                  Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
                    If you would like to have many more options for your touchpad, you can install the Synaptics touchpad driver (sudo apt install xserver-xorg-input-synaptics).
                    Works perfect both with my MacBook Pro and the Lenovo laptop of my former boss without editing or adding any configuration files
                    Well, yes. You are right. Should I uninstall libinput driver?

Comment

Originally posted by Chdslv View Post
                      Well, yes. You are right. Should I uninstall libinput driver?
                      You should be fine to leave it.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

I did not uninstall anything on the two laptops, but as you probably already have created a configuration file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ I would move this to another place (you desktop, e.g.) and restart Kubuntu before installing the Synaptics driver.
                        If the Synaptics driver does not work properly or is not to your liking, you could then remove the Synaptics driver again and put the configuration file back to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/.
                        Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
                        Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

I got lot of gestures going with Fusuma, https://github.com/iberianpig/fusuma even without creating the ~/.config/fusuma/config.yml file. I haven't yet found out how to disable the 4 finger swipe. I like the 3 finger ones and the pinching. All gestures work out of box.

Comment

Working...
                          X