This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
    Discover doesn't show the sources list information IF no updates are available, at least, that is my experience. \.
    I don't think so/

I have never noticed that sort of behavior myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Because you have "Install security updates without confirmation", downloading/updating of existing installed packages is happening 'behind the scenes', and you aren't aware that it is happening. Change it to "Only notify about available updates" instead.
      I've never needed to amend this option... anywho, I've tried this and I still cannot see my software sources listed in Discover.

Comment

Did you already try reinistalling Discover?

Code:
        $ sudo apt install discover --reinstall
        Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
        Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
          Did you already try reinistalling Discover?

Code:
          $ sudo apt install discover --reinstall
          Just tried this, and still the same

Comment

Originally posted by doomedlung View Post
            As previously stated when I run sudo apt update, my sources are listed but not in Discover. However, as per the advice I have Muon and my sources are listed as expected. Honestly, I quite like using Discover and would like to know how to fix this as prior 20.04 my sources were listed in Discover.. just a PITA, since everything else is working as expected and to launch Software Sources, I have to launch Driver Manager to amend my Release Upgrade settings.. I'll probably file a bug then since this seems to be something that isn't fixable with some of the mentioned solutions.

Whats the process for filing bugs? Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Cheers in advance
            Could someone point me in the direction to raise a bug for this?

Thanks

Comment

In Discover, go to 'About', then click the Report Bug option.

There will be a little wizard that sends you to KDE's bugzilla with some sections pre-filled, and a report template started.
              You will need to create an account login

You may need to change the 'Platform' box to read 'Kubuntu Packages'

if you are as descriptive as you have been here, plus your screenshot, you should be all set.
              I don't see anyone else having this issue, yours will not likely be a duplicate.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                In Discover, go to 'About', then click the Report Bug option.

There will be a little wizard that sends you to KDE's bugzilla with some sections pre-filled, and a report template started.
                You will need to create an account login

You may need to change the 'Platform' box to read 'Kubuntu Packages'

if you are as descriptive as you have been here, plus your screenshot, you should be all set.
                I don't see anyone else having this issue, yours will not likely be a duplicate.
                Thank you! Much appreciated.

Comment

Ok, for those that may experience the same issue, a bug has been raised here: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=422573 .

Thank you to everyone that has given me advice. Hopefully this can be resolved for me

Comment

Working...
                  X