X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check ISO integrity servicemenu

While I'm at Service menus :·)
    and since this one doesn't need pkexec ;·)

I made one that generates the SHA256 checksum of an ISO.
    Why? Not because it's difficult to type sha256sum, but the name of the ISO that comes after that can be... annoying to type.

With this, you just right-click on it, and it adds the SHA to a local text file, like:
    84754b7f83ce240c63a83cc53fef9f359f8d671d48ad0cfc81 a4bf7018517414 /this/here/dir/obNoxiouslyNamed.iso
    Code:
    [Desktop Entry]
    Type=Service
    X-KDE-ServiceTypes=KonqPopupMenu/Plugin
    MimeType=application/x-cd-image;model/x.stl-binary
    Actions=chkiso;
    Encoding=UTF-8
    Icon=application-x-cd-image

[Desktop Action chkiso]
    Name=Check ISO
    Icon=edit-select-original
    Exec=sha256sum %f >>SHA256sum.txt; kdialog --title="Check ISO" --passivepopup="SHA for $(basename %f) generated";fi

Advertisement:

https://www.pling.com/p/998416

Please Read Me

Comment

Nice.
      Am I the only one that finds it annoying that you can't search for actual stuff on Pling (and related)? Only for categories, and not within them.

Still, writing it to a text file is not a bad idea, is it?
      Then you can paste the original checksum right next to it, any minimal discrepancies...

Comment

No idea is bad -whatever fits your workflow. You're the one writing it. Service Menus are one of the great things about Dolphin.

I wanted to enhance it a bit to either allow the d/l of the SHA file to be compared or maybe let you paste the checksum in and then just get a thumbs up or down. When you click on the text file containing the checksum, it usually opens in your browser, so seems simple to copy and paste it into something. Alternately, d/l the SHA file into the same folder as the ISO file and let the service menu do a compare.

Please Read Me

Comment

And yes, Pling has no real search function

Please Read Me

Comment

... but the name of the ISO that comes after that can be... annoying to type.
            Copy/paste ...
            The next brick house on the left
            Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Text file is perfect for me.
              Still, does pkexec work for any of you in service menus with 20.04?

Because I have a couple of "nice" one I'd even want to "publish" (like on Pling) and I really can't find anything like them with Google and such. but if it doesn't work with 20.04...

Comment

I do not know what ver. of dolphin you all have , but @hear on Dolphin-17.12.3 you can , right click file/iso click "property's" click the "checksums" tab , then you can create a checksum and/or if you have one past it in the box and check it ?

VINNY

EDIT: PS in Krusader it's in the "file" menu ,,,,,,,,,, yes yes I know this is about Dolphin (Psssst Krusader uses Dolphin service menus as well)
                Last edited by vinnywright; May 22, 2020, 04:00 PM.
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I have Dolphin 20.04.1. On neon, on Kubuntu 20.04... I don't know, but probably >= :·)

And sure enough...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_0523_045454.png
Views:	1
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	644764

Comment

Yeah, that's a fairly new feature. I wrote my service menu like 8 years ago or something. The Dolphin devs. got tired of me collecting 30-40 cents a month from Pling...

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                    X