This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Monitors] Primary Display not Primary on Docking Station

I am having issues on Kubuntu trying to use my docking station. I have 3 displays on a docking station.

Upper Left - 1440p monitor set to 1080p at 60HZ (can Display 165hz, but unsuccessful on Linux; Freesync)
    Upper Right - 1440 x 900 VGA Monitor
    Bottom Center - 1080p Laptop Screen; Supposed to be my primary monitor

The monitors are connected to my laptop via a Docking Station on the Displayport over USB-C; I try to Plug and play my setup because I do not need multiple monitors all the time.
    When I set my monitors in the display properties, the primary is set to the Bottom Display, yet the upper right monitor gets attention such that the fullscreen menu and applications open on the upper right monitor rather than the laptop display.
    Here is a view of my setup and the settings from the Display settings.
    Feel free to ask more questions if necessary.

[IMG]file:///home/jgjkde/Pictures/Screenshot_20200520_231036.png[/IMG]

Drive Link for image -
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bAG...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by JJ4884; May 20, 2020, 09:26 PM. Reason: Add Screencapture

[accidentally posted early and deleted...]
    Last edited by Chopstick; Jun 13, 2020, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Maybe an answer, but mainly a question...

Hi JJ,
      Did you find a solution for this problem? I am not entirely sure I understand what you are trying to do, but if you want to force the menu to open on the lower (laptop) monitor, you may be able to set a window rule (System Settings > Window Management > Window Rules), but I am not sure it works with widgets...
      Anyway, I am also writing to ask a question; I have a similar setup to you, except that I do not use the laptop screen (for space reasons, mainly - my desk is small). One thing that is really annoying me big time with this setup is that when I take the laptop out and use it with its proper screen, it tends to completely screw up my widgets and panels. I guess I could handle the widgets with activities, but I don't know how to save the panels from being moved around. Ideally I would like to have two different plasma configurations, one for when docked and one for when used as a laptop.
      Did you also come across this issue?
      I was thinking I could ask this here, since you have a similar setup.
      Thanks,
      Andre

Comment

Working...
      X