This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is KTimeTracker?

Is there any reason why KTimeTracker is not in the (K)ubuntu repositories?

Two of my friends need a time tracker for tracking billable hours - of course my first choice was to look in KDE's applications, but this one I cannot get by apt

Am I blind or just stupid? ;-)
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; May 19, 2020, 12:36 PM. Reason: typos, as usual
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

It was dropped as unmaintained, and not ported from its KDE4.Qt4 base

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=279784

But in time it could be returned, as it has returned as a standalone,

https://aspotashev.blogspot.com/2019...-released.html

Ported to KDE Frameworks
    This is the first release of the new KTimeTracker source code ported to Qt 5 and KDE Frameworks 5 (KF5). The latest release of a legacy Qt4/KDELibs4-based version was KTimeTracker 4.14.10 published on July 1st, 2015.
    No idea if this is usable or stable.

Comment

Thank you for the helpful info, claydoh!

get rid of Snap scriptreinstall Snap for release-upgrade scriptinstall traditional Firefox script

Comment

PS: KTimeTracker 5.0.1 is available for openSUSE Tumbleweed, Leap 1.52 and via the KDE Extras repository even for Leap 1.51 - but not for Kubuntu 20.04… :-(
        So it should already be stable and usable for everyday-work.

Any place where I could post a request to the Kubuntu developers?
        Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; May 20, 2020, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X