X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss card sound some times after sleep computer

Hi,
    This problem was always in 19.10, for this reasson I was returned to 18.04.
    Well, I have 2 sound cards, one this, is the fixed in my motherboard and this is that I use, the other, is the hdmi of graphic card.
    I sleep my computer at te 80% of times that I go out of my computer.
    In some times, when restart my computer from sleep I view that, the main sound card are disappears!!! and not are in any of system, only can select card sound of hdmi (and this I set off).
    Restart computer and return, but I need restart...today, I have a work and I need saved all and restart computer for have my main card sound...

Sorry if not explained well (my english is not very good...).

Regards.

Hi,
    Are you able to recover detection and functionality by restarting pulseaudio?
    Code:
    $ killall pulseaudio
    If yes, we are in the same situation.
    Can you open KSystemlog and look for issues regarding the audio?
    I get this :
    Code:
    16/06/2020 10:05    kernel    snd_hda_intel 0000:01:00.1: spurious response 0x0:0x0, last cmd=0xa20000
    Cheers

Comment

Hi,
      Yes, I try now, and restarting pulseaudio without problems.
      Code:
       killall pulseaudio
      All good, is restart, and in KSystemlog, any error about audio...

I try again with KSystemlog open, and restart pulseaudio, any error...

A mistery for me but big problem for me, I work all with audio (edit videos) and when resume desktop and I have this fail and I need restart for solved...aggg!!!
      The next time that I have this problem, I try with restart pulseaudio for view if return good.

Regards!

Comment

Well, a few minutes ago, again, I have the problem, after resume my desktop from sleep, dissappears my soundcard main.
        Note: After restart or start from power off, only appears my main soundcard (is normal, the second, I have disabled), some times, after resume from sleep, appears the 2 soundcards, but work with the main.
        Like indicate, a few minutes ago, I resume/start my desktop from sleep and...dissappears my main soundcard.

I try with killall pulseaudio, and I have KSystemlog open.
        This lines appears after killall pulseaudio:

Code:
        19/6/20 16:26    dbus-daemon    [system] Activating via systemd: service name='org.bluez' unit='dbus-org.bluez.service' requested by ':1.596' (uid=1000 pid=46228 comm="/usr/bin/pulseaudio --daemonize=no --log-target=jo" label="unconfined")

19/6/20 16:26    systemd    Condition check resulted in Bluetooth service being skipped.

19/6/20 16:26    systemd    Started Sound Service.

[COLOR=#ff0000]19/6/20 16:27    pulseaudio    GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.[/COLOR]

19/6/20 16:27    dbus-daemon    [system] Failed to activate service 'org.bluez': timed out (service_start_timeout=25000ms)

19/6/20 16:27    systemd    fwupd.service: Succeeded.
        But not solved, not appears again my main soundcard. like always, I need restart my desktop.

I think in return to 18.04.4 until are live 20.04.1 o some version with fix this issue...

Regards.

Comment

I edit my last post.

After more test, when fail my main sound card after resume from sleep, yes, the comand:
          Code:
           killall pulseaudio
          Solved the issue, return my config about my sound cards (disabled the hdmi sound card of graphic card and enabled my main sound card).

But in the KSystemlog, appears that I indicate in my last post when type killall pulseaudio.

Regards.

Comment

Working...
          X