This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Writer query

My question (problem) concerns the formatting of the headers to appear on all pages of a book’s chapters except the chapter’s first page. Beginning with a chapter’s 2nd page, I want the page headers to be formatted as follows:
    1. Even-numbered pagesI want the page number to be flush against the page’s outside margin with the book’s title centered in the header.
    2. Odd-numbered pagesI want the page number to be flush against the page’s outside margin with the chapter’s title centered in the header.

I have been unable to figure out a way to achieve that formatting with LibreOffice Writer. Two books that have that formatting are (1) Einstein’s paperback book titled “Relativity—The Special and the General Theory” and (2) Walter Isaacson’s Einstein book.

A page without header or footer has 49 lines of type (with my page margins, 11-point font, and single spacing). Adding a header reduces the line count to 47; adding a footer reduces it to 45. So by putting the page number in the header instead of in the footer increases by 2 the number of lines of print that I can get on each page of a chapter other than its first page (the page number on a chapter’s first page goes in the footer).

Any suggestions you may have re my problem’s solution are welcome.
Working...
X