This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ignitem View Post
    On my Dell laptop I changed the option "Microphone" to "Headset Microphone" in the Audio settings and all of a sudden my headset connector worked and played sound.
    Strange because my laptop doesn't have a microphone connector and I just plugged in a bunch of speakers.
    The solution I posted up here does exactly the same thing by removing the 'Microphone' option so you don't need to switch out of it every time you connect the headphones .

Most of recent laptops just have a single jack port for both in and out by the way .

Comment

Originally posted by Somix View Post
      I verified that this happens on my system as well, so i found a workaround that should do the work. Basically you need to disable the 'Microphone' port that it's enabled by default when you plug in headphones. To do this you can run the commands

Code:
      cd /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/paths
      sudo mv  analog-input-headphone-mic.conf analog-input-headphone-mic.config.backup
      Then restart.

This only changes the name of the file leaving the option for you to go back if the method doesn't work.

You shoul'd verify fist that "analog-input-headphone-mic" is the port that's giving you problems, you can do that issuing the command:
      Code:
      pacmd list-sources
      Perfect! Works like a charm! Nice find, I just have to remember to remove it when I upgrade or use an actual mic lol

Comment

Working...
      X